New updated map of Sunee Plaza - by All of Me bar

Anything and everything about Thailand
Moses

Re: New updated map of Sunee Plaza - by All of Me bar

Post by Moses »

a447 wrote:What 2 bars are you referring to? Is one of them the Station Wine Bar?
I think it is about Barcode and new Martin's Linga (on opposite side of street from old Linga)
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Reading GB's post I was reminded what it was that began my love affair with Pattaya in 1996. It certainly wasn't the shows (the only I one recall from back then was at Cockpit- the sex shows were restricted Bangkok). And I don't recall any of those dreadful street parties until after Throb became Copa and ruined a number my evenings (and those plenty of others) in Boyztown by dominating the soi with its sound systems.

No; it really was simple- I liked the guys and they pretended to like me very convincingly.....for a sum of money which my pension could tolerate.
So he is correct about the Sunee hosts focused on mobiles while we falangs wander around , trying to choose a suitable place for a drink, a chat and....who knows what else? When I was last there in Sunee in February, many of the guys did not appear to be interested in either me or my wallet. In one bar, the four hosts were sitting at a table playing cards. I eventually received my drink and the waiter returned to his game. The cutest guy I saw, in a different bar, was transfixed on his phone the first time I passed; and was the same the second time around.

I ask for nothing complicated, nor expensive, just that the hosts look-up from other distractions and smile. "Welcome inside Mister", or "where you go Mister?" will do. Just show interest.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:The cutest guy I saw, in a different bar, was transfixed on his phone the first time I passed; and was the same the second time around.
Don't be surprised if next time you're in Pattaya that same boy is still sitting there just as transfixed on his phone. I can understand why the boys are bored if their bar isn't getting customers, but they're being paid to try to bring in customers and play host to them if any do come in.

I don't know why bar owners tolerate the boys doing that. I would think bar owners would at least insist that the phones not only be put away, but turned off when the boys are supposed to be paying attention to customers.

I don't know, maybe times have changed. How many employers, Thailand or anywhere else, are paying their staff to sit there all night while staring at their telephones and ignoring customers? I get annoyed enough if I'm in a bar, called a boy over to sit with me, bought the obligatory drinks, and the boy receives a call and blabs away for 10 or 15 minutes while all I can do is just sit there. If nothing else, unless it's an emergency or Donald Trump called the boy to offer putting his life savings into the boy's bank account, the bar owners should at least insist that if a boy has a customer, either don't accept a call or tell the caller he'll call back later.