New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Post by RichLB »

This from ThaiVisa:

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/contr ... de/146311/

Has anyone had experience with this? I know it was rumored to be required elsewhere, but now they say it is in Pattaya, as well.
Gaybutton

Re: New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Post by Gaybutton »

As of three weeks ago, when I both renewed my retirement visa and did my 90-day address report, there was no such requirement. Nothing was different at all. For the visa, only the usual documents were required. For the 90-day address report only the bar code form was required.

If since then this form now is also required, I don't see anything bad or controversial about it. The only thing I find unusual is why they would be interested in information about "Frequently visited places such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital." I don't know what good that's supposed to do, but if they really want to know where I shop, where I eat, and where I would go for treatment if I wake up one morning and discover I have hemorrhoids, fine with me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

LKAsians wrote:So exactly what are they going to use the information for????
I have no idea. But I'm not worried about it. According to the Thai Visa post you can refuse to provide information. Immigration will wonder why you won't provide it. So what? I'd be happy to explain why.

I have no problem about providing bank account information. They have it anyway, at least from me. Every time I renew my retirement visa I bring the "Letter from Bank." That has all the account information. I've never had any problem.

Meanwhile, there is no verification that I know of that anyone has actually been asked to fill out this form. There were posts months before I renewed my visa and submitted my last 90-day address report saying this form is now required. As I said, I was not asked to provide anything other than the usual documents and I saw nobody else having to provide anything other than the usual.

Just like any other site, Thai Visa can get things wrong too. I'll believe this form is required once I see posts from people who actually were asked to fill it out. As far as I know, at least in Pattaya, nobody has been asked.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Tell 'em you belong to the Pattaya Expats Bridge Club and see what happens. :)
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have had it confirmed that as of June 22, Pattaya Immigration started requesting the form be completed - this is from 3 different individuals that visited Immigration during past 2 days (22nd and 23rd) - the following also appears on the Pattaya City Expats Club Face Book page:
Club Newsletter for 24 June is online at: http://eepurl.com/b6Xk0X

There is an update regarding Pattaya Immigration has started using the new form asking for information, but was unconfirmed by a first hand report at time of publication - Since publication, Club Member (name removed) has confirmed the form is being used and he will be showing a copy onscreen at Sunday's meeting.
I will be going in next week to do my annual renewal and address reporting - I haven't decided how I will answer a few of the questions, but from what has been reported on Thaivisa.com from those that have completed it at other Immigration Offices, not filling in some of the information hasn't been a problem.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The form, which was first introduced back in April at the Immigration Division 1 office and at the One-Stop Service Center at Chamchuri Square in Bangkok,
http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/contr ... de/146311/

:?:
I did my visa renewal in May 2016 and did a 90 day report yesterday 23 June 2016 at Immigration Division 1 office (Bangkok) and there was no such form I had to fill out. Scan the bar code, no changes and I was out of there before I had a chance to sit down.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:I have had it confirmed
Speaking only for myself, I don't mind filling out their form. But I do think it's another absurd idea that wasn't well thought through and probably won't last very long. Immigration is going to find itself dealing with a load of complaints.

When you go to immigration, if you do have to fill out their form, please ask them if this is something that is a one-time thing or are they going to want you to fill out the form every time you have to go to immigration. Let us know.

Something else that makes it absurd - you can do the 90-day address report by mail. You also don't even have to go to immigration personally. Someone else can take your passport and go to immigration for you. And if they ever get their online address reporting to actually work, I wonder if there will be a similar form to fill out online.

I also haven't figured out just what this form is supposed to accomplish in the first place. Do they even have enough staff to read the forms and check out the information? When it comes to restaurants, I wonder what people will put down if they don't go to restaurants at all and buy all their food from the pushcart vendors . . .
Alex

Post by Alex »

Under Social Media Accounts, I will file my membership details for all the gay boards such as this one. Next time there comes an opportunity to diss the Thai police, I should then probably word it more carefully. ;)
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I'm sure everyone will list places frequented, Eros, Abomb, Tawan, Sanuk,Soi Twilight, etc.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:I'm sure everyone will list places frequented, Eros, Abomb, Tawan, Sanuk,Soi Twilight, etc.
I don't see why not. I know of no stigmas or problems about frequenting the gay bar scene and I know of no objections by immigration or any other police agency. Is going to gay bars something to be ashamed of or embarrassed about? I don't know about others, but I didn't come to Thailand to still feel a need to be in the closet about a damned thing - including going to gay bars any time and as often as I wish. If immigration knows that, so what?