New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Re: New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Post by thewayhelooks »

Both the TM 7 form - application for extension of stay, and TM 8 form - application for re-entry permit - say you have to make your application in person. Right underneath the spot where you sign or make a right thumb print. And yes it is a once only thing to fill out, according to the PCEC's immigration expert. And question 2.8 says Bank Account Number only required for certain types of visa applications. Naturally it doesn't tell you which type. There is also a third page which allows you to write down any additional information following an interview by, I'm assuming, an Immigration official not satisfied with your written answers. That form is not included in the link within a link from the thaivisa link above.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

As usual, the Imm rules differ from office to office, district to district.
Went for my 90-day yesterday at Hua Hin Imm Office. Had my TM-47 in hand along with as many photocopied pages of my passport as I thought sufficient. That's it.

Total time spent waiting for for the next booth: 10 minutes.
Total time spent 'at-booth': 7 minutes (including him tearing up unnecessary passport photocopies ... I always take too many).
Total time spent waiting for passport to be returned: 8 minutes.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The PCEC has a copy on their website server of the 3 page form being given out at Pattaya Immigration: http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/Foreign_ ... mation.pdf

According to the folks that I received the reports from, the form has apparently been printed out on "scrap" paper, e.g., has something unrelated on the reverse side. I recall reading a while back that this was also the case with other Immigration Offices that were using the form.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

That certainly is an interesting, almost intimidating, form. I will wait until the next few 90-dayers, and/or my extension (September) to see what's what.
I've noticed on more than one message board that, in general, Hua Hin Imm seems to be the easiest-going office. As many times as I have visited over a period of 9 years the forms and rules have not changed.
On the other hand, I've heard quite a few horror stories from friends in Pattaya, Bangkok, and Chiang Mai.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone personally visited Thai Immigration in Pattaya since the June 22 inauguration date. Did they require the form? From looking at the form from the above link I think it's going to take all day for them to process the queue of people waiting for 90 day extensions since the form says it's to be filled out by an official. Good grief! I hope they give up this idea before my 90 day date next month.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

RichLB wrote:Has anyone personally visited Thai Immigration in Pattaya since the June 22 inauguration date. Did they require the form? From looking at the form from the above link I think it's going to take all day for them to process the queue of people waiting for 90 day extensions since the form says it's to be filled out by an official. Good grief! I hope they give up this idea before my 90 day date next month.
Extract from email I received from a friend – he visited on 24 June:
I had to go to the post office so I stopped by Imm. to see if it might be possible to do my 90-day. The place is in chaos - many people being surprised by the new form. At least two stormed out muttering some choice words. The info girl says it only needs to be filed once.

Ran into (name removed) - he just did his extension. Said he needed three photos, but after the new form is on file, an extension will only require one sheet of paper. Don't know exactly what he meant or if that's factual info.

It's a three page form, xeroxed on the back of scrap paper.
I also rec'd a telephone report that it is in use by the individual the above friend ran into at Immigration. I also rec'd the following in an email - this person also visited Jomtien Immigration on 24 June:
I went to Pattaya Immigration this morning on passport business and decided to pick up the TM7 and TM 8 forms as I need to get to renew my retirement visa within two weeks. At the front desk, I was given the new form (which is linked on thaivisa link above) and told I had to fill it in too. Its not clear whether this is required every time you do a 90 day visit or whether its a once only thing.
I consider them all to be reliable sources. I will be visiting next week (probably Tuesday) to do my annual extension - as I understand it from my telephone source, it is being handed out to be completed - the 3rd page is apparently for the Immigration Officer to interview and note any additional information (not sure if they are doing that at Jomtien or only collecting the form) - if no one else reports their experience, I will do so after my visit next week (probably do it even if someone else reports their experience if only to say "ditto").

Edited the post - just now saw this on Thaivisa.com:
I did my first 90 reporting on a new passport (old one was stolen in Mexico). The silly ass form was the worst part. I gave it the attention it deserved (for example, "Places I frequent? Macro. Social media used? Myspace.")

I handed it over to the nice lady who has been there for at least the last year. She glanced at the form and dropped it into a pile of similar forms that will probably get buried, never to see the light of day again.

I believe as long as you make SOME effort to put SOMETHING in the blanks, everyone goes home happy.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The link I previously showed to PCEC website copy of Information Form has been changed - the new link is:

http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/ForeignN ... ormPty.pdf
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you 2lz2p. I don't see anything sinister about the form at all. I, for one, have no problem about it - other than I think it's a waste of time. Most of the information they want is information they already have anyway.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Does there have to be a photo provided for that form?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

mahjongguy wrote:Does there have to be a photo provided for that form?
From all reports I have rec'd, yes. I go in this morning for annual renewal, can say from first hand experience afterward. I downloaded the form and completed it - as GB says, not that difficult and IMO not overly intrusive (social media sites are optional) - I agree, it is probably a waste of time as I don't see them developing a database to hold the information - they will also need to store and file the forms in a manner for retrieval - hmmmm, interesting if they will devote the needed resources for that.