Sunee Plaza: The Bad, The Ugly, The Good!

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Sunee Plaza: The Bad, The Ugly, The Good!

Post by windwalker »

I recall a girly bar in Sunee at one time. In vicinity of Ouds, Eldorado.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Re post 4 and 9, there are entertainment zones as I have seen official maps of these designated areas. Example, go-go bars are banned in Jomtien but massage and drinking bars are permitted. The one go-go bar by the Jomtien Plaza has been there ever since I can remember and is apparently grandfathered and is police owned or connected.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Up2u wrote:Example, go-go bars are banned in Jomtien but massage and drinking bars are permitted.
The above is true, but banned by whom? I was told by an unreliable source that the absence of go-go bars in Jomtien was because of an agreement amongst the various land owners of the venues and that it wasn't a governmental ban. Again, that was from scuttlebut and no way official, but at the time I heard that it made sense.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:I recall a girly bar in Sunee at one time. In vicinity of Ouds, Eldorado.
I forget the name of the girly bar. I never saw anyone actually go in the entire time it was open. Just a couple of bored girls sitting out front. Nothing at all has been in that building lately. Prior to it being a girly bar the venue was tried as a karaoke bar - Stardust. It didn't take very long for that to fail. Probably most here who have been around long enough will remember the venue at its most popular - when it was the go-go bar, Top Man.

Up2u wrote:Example, go-go bars are banned in Jomtien
The only bar I can remember that kinda-sorta got away with it in Jomtien Complex was Rock Hard. There was a separate small room in the back where two or three boys would go back there and go-go dance (among other things) if customers were there. There was only room for 5 or 6 customers. Everything was "up close and personal." If they were sure there would be no raid, often they would strip naked. Back then, if anyone was looking for me in Jomtien Complex, that would have been the right place to start . . .

Rock Hard has been gone several years now. No other bar that I know of has tried to have go-go boys in Jomtien Complex.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

An interesting post, allofmesuneeplaza. Thank you.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Rock Hard was a drinking bar and as GB noted had shows (with nudity, cock in your face and bj's) when there was a demand for them. The small air-conditioned room in the back had locked sliders and shows were conducted unbeknownst to the authorities. The owner, Tom, was from New York City, went back for a visit and never returned if my recollection serves me.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

My understanding is the same as that of Up2u regarding zoning. Jomtien was not in the areas and go go bars could not be licensed as such.
loke

Post by loke »

I went there yesterday , it's completely dead , unless you count Arabs on their bikes speeding through it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Perhaps this topic should be called Sunee Plaza: The Good, The Bad and The Sad.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

loke wrote:I went there yesterday , it's completely dead , unless you count Arabs on their bikes speeding through it.
Did you visit Eros? Quite alive inside.