TingTong Red in Sunee Plaza opens new restaurant

Anything and everything about Thailand
Maple

TingTong Red in Sunee Plaza opens new restaurant

Post by Maple »

The TingTong Group Co., Ltd is gradually expanding its services in Sunee Plaza. TingTong Red will open a new restaurant in Sunee Plaza next week specializing in Thai and Khmer/Cambodian food. It will feature "cheap eats" for 50 Baht to 100 Baht. Location: the former Song Kwae restaurant next to EuroBoys. The new signage was installed yesterday.

The TingTong Red bar has about 10 male "hosts"; it has recently begun special open air shows on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 8:30 pm (20:30) and 11 pm. (23:00). Performers use the stage from the "beach" opposite the bar. The "B Boys" are featured.

Meanwhile, the TingTong cafe continues to serve German dishes ranging in price from 100 Baht to 270 Baht. German breakfast is available for 129 Baht from between 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. Here is the link to the menu (in English): http://ting-tong-bar.com/en/bar-und-cafe/ Location: opposite the Marina swimming pool, formerly known as "Monty's Pool".

TingTong Red also has 5 guest rooms available from 600 Baht daily. In 2016, these rooms were completely refurbished. Link: http://ting-tong-bar.com/en/rooms/

Ting Tong Red's FaceBook page is: https://www.facebook.com/TING-TONG-RED-883878894976470/

Customers are welcomed by Herr Mario, the boss and host; he speaks German, English, Russian, and Spanish.
Undaunted

Re: TingTong Red in Sunee Plaza opens new restaurant

Post by Undaunted »

You have to give Mario also All Of Me credit for fighting the tide.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I just retuned from having a beer at Ting Tong Red and shared a few words wit Mario aka The Ting Tong group Co., Ltd.. We discussed food he is quite knowledgeable. As meatloaf is today's special I asked how he makes it to my surprise he said he only uses pork, I've heard of 1/3 beef 1/3 veal1/3 pork or 2/3 beef 1/3 pork but never 100% pork. I noticed a signboard with deserts lists one of which was my favorite "cheesecake" and only 80bht in Central I pay 140bht. how does he do it, he told me it was German style and had no cheese.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
loke

Post by loke »

Well I passed it yesterday but no customers inside. Maybe the show tonight is worth a visit.
Maple

Post by Maple »

The new TingTong Red "Thai and Khmer" restaurant opened in Sunee Plaza last night, September 1. The staff includes Thai and Khmer cooks who prepare various dishes that cost only 40-50 Baht.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maple wrote:The new TingTong Red "Thai and Khmer" restaurant opened in Sunee Plaza last night, September 1
Just so there's no confusion, TingTong Red is now running 2 restaurants in Sunee Plaza?
Maple

Post by Maple »

Yes, two restaurants: the original TingTong Red cafe serving 40 items of mostly German fare, and the new restaurant serving Thai & Khmer food only.
Doug

Post by Doug »

If you sit in TingTong Red Cafe with your Thai friend, can he order from the ThaiKhmer restaurant and have it delivered?
Maple

Post by Maple »

Doug, I checked with chef Mario. He says that Thai Khmer food can be delivered to TingTong Red bar -- and vice versa.