Learning the Good Way Experience

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Learning the Good Way Experience

Post by Undaunted »

People that know me know I have a thing for motorbikes, I often buy and sell, through the years most of my business was done with Mityon their headquarters is a large building on the corner of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai. My first bike I bought there almost 11 years ago and through the years I have become friendly with most of the Mityon family.
I have been feeling a bit under the weather and I was at the main Myton store and ran into my friend Wa she is married to one of the Mityon boys, she said you don't seem yourself and asked me what was wrong, we had a brief talk and she said have you gone to a doctor, I replied I'de seen my doctor at B.P.H. she said well that's not good enough I will call you latter, a few hours passed and she called saying she knew someone at Siriraj hospital in BKK the hospital frequented by His Majesty The King, and as she knew someone there her and her sister in law would take me there, she wouldn't take no for an answer.
Now it was 2 days later and the 3 of us were in a V.I.P. private van on the way to BKK, when we arrived I said to Wa I am the only falang here with 1000 other people, she laughed and the 2 girls stayed by my side while I saw the doctor......thank God nothing serious.....ten hours later after insisting on taking the girls to dinner I was home....This family treated this falang as a member of the family, I will never forget their heartfelt kindness.

Mityon Video....Wa's husband the guy with the glasses.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Learning the Good Way Experience

Post by Gaybutton »

Beautiful story. You're fortunate to have such friends.

Many Thais are like that when a farang friend is sick. I try not to tell any of my "A-List" boys if I'm sick, even if it's nothing more than a cold. When I do, next thing I know they're here with more food than even I could possibly eat and they won't leave until they're sure I'm ok again.
Dodger

Re: Learning the Good Way Experience

Post by Dodger »

Hey Undaunted...considering the fact that you have been buying 3 motorbikes a month for the past 15 years from this family they should have flown you there in a helicopter... :lol:

On a serious note, I know what you mean about those Thai BKK hospitals. The lobby in the BKK Rutnin Eye Hospital I went to last holiday was crammed with Thais and a few Arabs. I think this was this first time they ever performed surgery on a blue eye...LOL.

Glad to hear there was nothing serious, and you're right, getting close with a Thai family is a great experience.