Pedophile busted in Switzerland with strong links to Pattaya.

Anything and everything about Thailand
artic55

Pedophile busted in Switzerland with strong links to Pattaya.

Post by artic55 »

Just came across this article, quite serious if it holds up in court.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170310/swiss- ... n-thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Pedophile busted in Switzerland with strong links to Pattaya.

Post by Gaybutton »

artic55 wrote:quite serious if it holds up in court.
If it's true, I hope it does.

In a way, this guy is lucky. Usually such arrests occur in Thailand and the person ends up in a Thai prison for whatever length of time, followed by deportation to his home country to face charges there. This time it seems that it's the other way around. He managed to get out of Thailand before being arrested. He's probably much better off in a Swiss prison than he would be in a Thai prison.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Clip from Article:
The suspected abuse happened in Pattaya in southern Thailand, where the suspect ran a gogo bar frequented by European men, and in Nonghoi in the north, where he lived, prosecutors said.
I believe the name of the gogo bar was Gentlemen's Club.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:I believe the name of the gogo bar was Gentlemen's Club.
That's what I thought at first too, but I believe he was Belgian. Also, he was arrested at his house in Pattaya and that was several years ago.

It sounds awfully close to the same guy, though. Maybe he got out of it somehow, went to live in Switzerland, pulled the same crap there, eventually was caught, and the article simply assumed he is Swiss.

Unfortunately, the article does not mention his name, so there is no way to confirm.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I stand corrected. It IS him, as an Email just reminded me. Dodger is right and I was right about his arrest in Pattaya several years ago.

See the following: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?t=5907
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

But the first arrest happened in 2013, so apparently in 2017 he was a free man again (or still)? Even when evidence was found in 2013 and a 13 year old boy was in his residence. What more proof was needed? He was arrested in 2013 in Thailand. Known for its tough jail sentences. I wonder how he could be a free man in 2017 (and now be arrested again).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:I wonder how he could be a free man in 2017 (and now be arrested again).
Maybe this had something to do with it . . .

thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Ah. I wonder how he got the money because that 2013 article makes it appear he doesn't work anymore since 1991 (when he left Switzerland for Thailand). He was in his 40s then. And his ownership of a bar in Pattaya can't have made him rich also. So looks like he was financially independent somewhere in his 40s. Also he was arrested at least 3 times previously: 1980, 1991 and 2013 if I read good. Amazing. And still walking free in 2017.

Luckily in Switzerland he won't be able to bribe the police.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

thaifarang wrote:He was in his 40s then. And his ownership of a bar in Pattaya can't have made him rich also.
I wouldn't count on that.

From what I understand Gentlemen's Club was the first male gogo bar to break ground in Pattaya in 1991 at a time when Pattaya was in its absolute hay day... soon to be followed by Thai Boyz Boyz, Moonlight Gogo and then the original (first location) of Star Boyz. When I first visited these places in 1996 they were making money hand-over-fist. The majority of dancers at Thai Boyz Boyz, Moonlight and Star Boyz appeared to be in the 16 to 19 y/o age bracket and Gentlemen's Club was well known for staffing boys between the ages of 10 - 14.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Dodger wrote:Star Boyz appeared to be in the 16 to 19 y/o age bracket and Gentlemen's Club was well known for staffing boys between the ages of 10 - 14.
My God. Was that legal back then in Thailand? If not, then it shows how totally corrupt the police was because having such openly illegal activity in a publicly accessible bar, can only happen if you bribe government and police. There is no other way. Also because everyone living in the neighborhood must have known what was happening there. And still the bar could operate.

Also no ID checks in hotels in 1996? When did that become common?