Pedophile busted in Switzerland with strong links to Pattaya.

Anything and everything about Thailand
Oliver

Re: Pedophile busted in Switzerland with strong links to Pattaya.

Post by Oliver »

In 1995, as I recall, bars were allowed to employ staff of sixteen years of age. This soon changed.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Ok, but that other bar had 10-14 year olds on stage. The neighboorhood must have known, police must have known, Farang gay visitors must have seen it, and yet it could be done and the owner got away with it and the Farang customers offing them got away with it.

How easy would it have been for law enforcement to undercover watch Farang walking out of the club with a 12 year old to his hotel and catch him? Why didn't that happen? Every pedo Farang bribed the police? Really wonder how this could operate without it soon coming to an end. I can't believe every customer was rich enough to bribe law enforcement.

Does anyone know when it became common for hotels to ask for IDs?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

thaifarang wrote:My God. Was that legal back then in Thailand? If not, then it shows how totally corrupt the police was because having such openly illegal activity in a publicly accessible bar, can only happen if you bribe government and police.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or just jesting. Of course the scene was totally corrupt and still is to some degree, although the bar owners who have been able to survive the down turn in the economy tend to follow to law to avoid paying tea money that they simply can't afford to pay any more. There simply isn't enough cash flow.

Many of us here remember a time when the gogo bars were equipped with a flashing light system which was frequently used to warn staff workers when the BIB (Boys in Brown) were in the neighborhood. The doorman would be informed of a possible raid by the BIB who was on his payroll in advance of the raid and simply press a button which caused the lights inside the bar to start flashing. All the underage dancers would scurry off the stage and dash out the rear door and the patrons would be left holding a drink in their hands staring at one or two legal aged dancers who remained on the stage. This happened all the time.

Admittedly, I've never been any good at guessing someone's age, especially when they all look young to me, but I remember sitting with a dancer one night in a gogo bar who I had planned to take off after a few drinks. He had already informed me that he was 18 years old. Two minutes later the lights started flashing and he vanished from my side in a poof. I mean I didn't even see his legs moving as he flew out the back door with a dozen other dancers.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Thanks. I am serious by the way. Nice to read how it worked behind the scenes. Good for future history books. This is eye-witness source material hard to get by. Future historians will be grateful to you when they find this explanation. It are details not easy to find for those interested in how it worked.

No one knows how an ancient Roman brothel operated internally. All sources are lost. Try searching the Internet how it could operate in Thailand in the 1990s and it is not easy to find. Imagine what is left in a few hundred years. I hope this page gets archived for future historians.

Still not everyone can be bribed. Why did some law enforcement officers not follow Farang who left the club with a clearly underage boy? Why didn't that happen? I am asking here the questions future historians will wonder about too. If Farang tourists know about it, then of course the neighboorhood must know also and so does police and so should non corrupt officers. Why did they let all these Farang customers who took an underage age boy get away with it? (And when you off a 10-14 year old there can be zero doubt he is underage.).

And there must have been Farang offing these boys, else why have them on stage, so there must have been Farang leaving the club with a 12 year old and no-one interfered? Why???????
artic55

Post by artic55 »

Yes gone are the good old days.............or are they???
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:there must have been Farang offing these boys
To this day I don't recall even one farang customer ever being arrested when he took an under-age boy off from a go-go bar. In almost every case it's farang such as the "gentleman" subject of the article - pedophiles who do what they do with neighborhood boys and are eventually caught.

In any case, I know of no gay bars that still hire under-age boys. That stopped long ago. Unfortunately, Sunee Plaza still has not fully lived down the negative reputation.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Gaybutton wrote:
thaifarang wrote:there must have been Farang offing these boys
To this day I don't recall even one farang customer ever being arrested when he took an under-age boy off from a go-go bar.
And I wonder why. It was so easy to catch him. Undercover law enforcement officer can follow him and the boy, and catch him in the act.
Also the other Farang customers saw a fellow Farang off a 12 year old and no one called police or said something to that guy when he was about to leave the bar with the 12 year old. This truly amazes me. It amazes me because it happened publicly and no one interfered.

You would expect it to happen secretly, but publicly?

These pedo's took an immense risk. They exposed themselves to blackmail and to the risk an under cover agent followed them and they would spend decades in jail. They also took the risk assuming that other Farang in the club would not call police when they saw him leave with a 12 year old. That assumption was thus always correct apparently. How strange is that in 2017?

Truly, truly, as I write this down now: this is incomprehensible for me. The 1990s must have been a totally different age. Like people didn't care. This would now absolutely not be possible. But I lived in the 1990s. I was an adult (18 in 1990) and in my memory this was not acceptable also then. So how to explain it?

This are questions future Thai and Western social historians will ask and write books about. How police, fellow customers, the neighborhood let it all happen. I understand how it can happen if it is secretly, if a pedo takes a boy without witnesses, but publicly in a gogo bar and he gets away with it?

If you have answers, I am very curious.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

thaifarang wrote:
No one knows how an ancient Roman brothel operated internally. All sources are lost.
There is certainly no lack of historical information about sex in ancient Rome highlighting the fact that Rome itself was nothing more than a non-stop orgy where having sex with family members in public bath houses, and things like pedestry, pedophilia, beastiality were commonplace. The entire empire was sculpted with penises and according to history those who didn't engage with young boys (or girls) were considered the minority.

I remember watching the movie The Gladiator starring Russel Crowe and during a scene which took place right after a gladiator event had ended one of the head guards asked Crow casually if he wanted a girl or a boy delivered to his cell for his pleasure. Crowe declined the offer, although in real life a gladiator may have taken both.

Also, according to historians, the legal age of consent in Rome was 12, although there was no age limit protecting the slaves, many of which included young children who were purchased primarily as sex objects. This practice didn't stop until Christianity rolled into town.

In ancient Rome (and Greece) women were for having babies and boys were for having fun.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang wrote:Like people didn't care.
In my opinion, that's the answer right there - to most of your questions - in a nutshell. People don't care.

One question you didn't ask - where were the parents? I believe in most cases the parents were back on the rice farm. As long as the boys were sending money home to mama, it was no questions asked.

I also believe people didn't call the police because they didn't want to be involved. Also, who says it was just one pedo haunting those bars? There were probably many. I don't think calling the police would have done any good anyway. Do you truly believe the police didn't know exactly what was going on? Except for occasional raids, as long as the right amount of money fell into the right hands, it was look the other way.

As for the pedos taking the risk, if risk taking was enough to persuade criminals not to commit the crime, the jails would all be empty. Criminals, including pedophiles, probably think they won't be caught. The scary part is wondering how many are still doing things like this and, so far, getting away with it. For every pedo caught, how many more are out there and haven't been caught?

The good news, again, is at least where the bars are concerned the days of under-age boys working in bars are long gone. It doesn't happen anymore. I don't rule out the possibility of underground operations going on, though.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Gaybutton wrote:
thaifarang wrote:Like people didn't care.
In my opinion, that's the answer right there - to most of your questions - in a nutshell. People don't care.
Thanks, yes this must be it. I can understand the poor parents, maybe Thai society I can also understand (which views or viewed sex between adults and children differently than we in the West do) but apparently also fellow Farang didn't care. That last is a bit strange. Now in 2017, but also I would guess for the 1990s. They knew it was totally unacceptable back home and in Thai law and no one called police.

Regarding Rome. Yes there are sources, but I was talking about sources which describe how it went about inside a Roman brothel. Was there a line up of prostitutes to choose from, each having a number, or the selection process was totally different? Did you have to order a drink? What was the price? Was there a doorman? Etc etc. What Dodger wrote about the light which goes on when the police is about to arrive, those are the nice juicy details which we do not have for ancient Rome.