Beware if you have a Red Lic. Plate

Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Re: Beware if you have a Red Lic. Plate

Post by thewayhelooks »

Bought a Honda CRV today, got the red plates and log book and told how to use them. The dealer put my name into the log book and if stopped by the custodians of the law, I show them the book. No need to fill out any details of trips UNLESS I travel outside Chonburi at night.
Off to Immigration in the morning for a certificate of residence (B300) which the dealer told me I must have but neglected to mention it until I showed up with the money. Why a copy of my retirement visa isn't enough I do not know. Waiting time for the real plates is one month but I'll believe it when I see it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote:No need to fill out any details of trips UNLESS I travel outside Chonburi at night.
At what point are you supposed to do that - before the trip or upon arrival at your destination?
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

If I'm travelling from Pattaya to Bangkok for example, I fill in the log book before I leave Pattaya then again just before leaving Bangkok. There has to be an entry on the log in case the police stop you along the way.