Another idiot leaves his brains on the plane

Anything and everything about Thailand
richsilver

Another idiot leaves his brains on the plane

Post by richsilver »

Gaybutton

Re: Another idiot leaves his brains on the plane

Post by Gaybutton »

I wish I could understand how this kind of thing happens because this man is by far not the first person who not only was carrying a large amount of cash, but also carrying it in a way that made it even possible for him to lose it in a taxi. And these people don't even make sure they have the money with them when they exit the taxi.

I've seen many similar stories over the years. Sometimes the person is lucky and gets his money back from an honest driver. Sometimes the person is not so lucky.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I love the caption directly below the photo “as the police looked on”........ I know exactly what they must be thinking :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

I hope the taxi driver received a very good reward for his honesty
James the First

Post by James the First »

How does this happen? Pretty easy if the fellow is not wise enough to split his money when traveling. If he was just off the plane and jet lagged (plus drink service inflight) he could be too bleary eyed to realize he dropped it. Still, as a former cop one has to wonder where he worked...Mayberry perhaps with Aunt Bee and little Ron Howard?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Alzheimer's???
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

James the First wrote:How does this happen? Pretty easy if the fellow is not wise enough to split his money when traveling. If he was just off the plane and jet lagged (plus drink service inflight) he could be too bleary eyed to realize he dropped it. Still, as a former cop one has to wonder where he worked...Mayberry perhaps with Aunt Bee and little Ron Howard?
but he was going to the airport, so that would seem to rule out the jetlag excuse. The real question is: what was he doing with all of that cash? which just happens to be right under the amount you need to report when arriving in the US.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Carrying cash in a separate bag is not robust. Having it in zip up pockets in your trousers & preferably in a special concealed pocket is way better. That's the way I operate.

I have never forgotten to take my trousers out of a taxi.
Have never even removed them in a taxi, although perhaps that's a result of leading a sheltered life.

As for the quantity being just under a declarable limit, well that is normal. Being just over a limit would constitute poor planning.

The authorities come up with all sorts of limits & allowances. It is often best to be aware of them and utilise them.