Why Americans are Flocking to Asia

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Why Americans are Flocking to Asia

Post by Dodger »

Cheap sex is a good thing which makes Asia (especially Thailand) so attractive to many - but it's the level of availability which I think is the overriding factor.

Not only is finding short time sex a few finger clicks away - but the choice of the partner you want to engage with is almost endless.

I'm 67 years old with a 27 year old Thai boy friend and he is the oldest guy I've been with (short time or long time) in the past 18 years. That, in-and-by-itself is testament to the availability factor. My little town of Bang Saray is crawling with elderly retired farang coupled with Thai girls who appear to be in their mid-twenties/early thirties and no one bats an eye. There is nowhere that I know of in the West that satisfies a persons sexual desires like Thailand. I have limited experience in other Asian countries so will reserve comment.

Why are Americans flocking to Asia? Well, this American flocks to Asia for cheap and available sex. All the other nice things, i.e. weather, cost-of-living, food, culture, temples, etc. are just icing on the cake.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote:I'm 67 years old with a 27 year old Thai boy friend and he is the oldest guy I've been with (short time or long time) in the past 18 years. That, in-and-by-itself is testament to the availability factor. My little town of Bang Saray is crawling with elderly retired farang coupled with Thai girls who appear to be in their mid-twenties/early thirties and no one bats an eye.
That's good going ! I've been with 3 guys over 28 in my most recent 17 day stay in Pattaya, although all 3 were small, slim smooth and free from tattoos. The first was so impressive, I increased the age limit to 30 on the apps. Mind you, finding and offing a lad from the 21st century is also on my to do list this month.

Do all the Pattaya boys willingly travel down to Bang Saray ?
fountainhall wrote:..... never generated or created anything until he became PM of Singapore!
Thanks for educating me on that. A system that prevents people with no management track record from running countries should still, on average, improve matters. Even if it would have excluded Lee Kuan Yew from office. I need to read more about him. Charlie Munger praises him so much, always a good sign.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote:Do all the Pattaya boys willingly travel down to Bang Saray ?
I don't know.

I imagine if I was offing a guy from Pattaya he would make the short 40 minute compute to Bang Saray but I've never had the need to do this. I'm more than content with the guy I'm with. He traveled all the way from Buriram 5-1/2 years ago to meet me and we've been together ever since.

There are several of the single expats in my condo building who regularly hook up with girls from the Pattaya bars and bring them back to Bang Saray - so I would imagine it would be the same for the boys.

BTW...Round trip bus fare between Pattaya and Bang Saray is a whopping 80 baht.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:Well, this American flocks to Asia for cheap and available sex. All the other nice things, i.e. weather, cost-of-living, food, culture, temples, etc. are just icing on the cake.
Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too . . . ?

If this was the 1970's I might be saying "Fuckin' A"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Dodger wrote: . My little town of Bang Saray is crawling with elderly retired farang coupled with Thai girls who appear to be in their mid-twenties/early thirties and no one bats an eye.
Dodger, please be more careful with your wording! I had visions of feeble, ancient men crawling on hands and knees, led on a leash by young Thai women. Retired farangs would have been enough and skip the crawling and elderly bit. :lol:
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

windwalker...

Your point is well taken.

Let me rephrase that:

There are an abundance of farang frolicking around in Bang Saray who appear to be in their mid-seventies/early eighties who have Thai girl friends (or wives) who appear to be in their mid-twenties/early thirties.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:I need to read more about him. Charlie Munger praises him so much, always a good sign.
Do please read some more. He was, as I said, an amazing man who did amazing things. But he was an absolute dictator - mostly of the benevolent kind, unlike the Marcoses and other thugs and kleptocrats.

Lee was a man who in 2007 praised the current Chinese President
“I would put him in Nelson Mandela’s class of persons."

One of Lee's problems was melding together peacefully a multi-racial society with its communities mostly of Chinese, Malays and Indians. That required, in his view, an actual iron first. His other quotes include -
"If you are a troublemaker... it's our job to politically destroy you... Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac."
"We have to lock up people, without trial, whether they are communists, whether they are language chauvinists, whether they are religious extremists. If you don't do that, the country would be in ruins."
“I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn’t be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn’t be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters – who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think.”
And CBC noted this comparison with China in an article after his death -
Although Lee was a devout anti-communist, the structures of his People's Action Party and the Communist Party of China are almost identical because both were based on Lenin's Vanguard Party as vehicles to gain power, stay in power and decide everything.

They share the autocratic instinct to order the minutest details of peoples' lives.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/visionary ... -1.3008047

Those in the west who consistently praised him rarely seemed to look behind the success of his nation. That could often be pretty ugly. It would not have been tolerated for an instant in most western societies.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Lee Kuan Yew was an enormously talented person. The type that comes along once in a millennium.

Just think what it would be like in the U.S. if we had a leader with Lee's foresight and leadership skills.

How did a tiny island like Singapore inherit someone with Lee's amazing talent when the most powerful nation in the world gets stuck stumbling behind a blind donkey named Trump...go figure!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Lee was a visionary who realized that only a dictatorship could make Singapore a success out of basically nothing. And he was certain he knew best. Sure, it was cloaked in some form of democratic flag, but it was nonetheless a dictatorship.

“We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think.” That could never happen in the USA because it is a 2-party democracy! Mind you, Trump is trying hard,
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Jun wrote:
Much better than the normal practice of promoting some political type, who might typically have a legal background, has never managed anything, never run a business and never have generated or created anything.
Recent British Prime Ministers have been graduates in Geography, Law and, worst of all, PPE. The place is littered with PPE graduates who think themselves to be the bee's knees, but they and the others are, in fact, functionally innumerate.