Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

What winter? Summer will be Hotter!

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: What winter? Summer will be Hotter!

Post by Gaybutton »

A similar weather warning is also posted on THE NATION site: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30364285

I'm more worried about another drought than the heat. I don't want to go through that again.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I am not sure how good long term forecasts are here, but back home they are pretty useless.

The short term forecasts don't seem too good either. A couple of days ago,I saw 0% probability of rain forecast on 3 different web sites, yet it was raining.

As for water supply, has there been any investment in reservoirs etc since the last drought ?
There are vast road and rail projects under construction here, so one would like to think that basic water supply gets the same treatment.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:As for water supply, has there been any investment in reservoirs etc since the last drought ?
Not that I'm aware of. As a matter of fact, when the last serious drought occurred the government promised a pipeline from sources in the nearby Rayong province to Pattaya to make sure there will be no problem if and when another serious drought occurs. Do you need me to tell you whether anything was ever actually done?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:Do you need me to tell you whether anything was ever actually done?
Given the astonishingly wasteful & plain stupid infrastructure projects under construction elsewhere in the country, I would expect that basics like water supply would also be sorted.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I'm up in Buriram and it's 29C/85F and it's still February.

No complaints from me. Chicago is colder than Antarctica right now.