Coffee Shops in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Coffee Shops in Pattaya

Post by Jun »

Gafae closed today (Sunday). Still the best independent coffee shop around, but it looks like someone is losing interest in operating this business.

I write this from the Starbucks lounge.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The quality of coffee in some Pattaya shops is exceptional.

The Back Street Cafe, North Pattaya.
Outstanding. Has some very expensive coffees on sale, but the standard one at just 80 baht is very good.
Popular with Thais.
One of several shops in town that roast their own coffee.

Dose Yield Time. South Pattaya.
Another good coffee shop, with nice coffee

Ordinary Coffee,
I've found 3 shops so far, all very good. Including one on Jomtien Beach, although a good way south of the complex.

Albatross Coffee Roasters
Beach road, near Mike's. Good

King of Coffee
Pratumnak. Another one with their own roasting equipment and good coffee.

Sunset Roasters
Have a shop on Beach road and a roasting facility on North Road.

As mentioned previously, Benjamit and Gafae continue to offer good coffee. Benjamit is another with their own roasting equipment in the shop.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I had high hopes for Just Speciality Coffee in Jomtien, right next to Soda Massage.
Unfortunately the coffee is rather weak and bland.
They also missed the obvious attraction that some seating with a direct view out of the window would provide.

Casa Myka is better. Just up Dongtan Beach from the police box. Reasonable coffee and croissants. The waiter provided the wifi password. I logged in and about 10 seconds later, I see the same face on Hornet. Small and slim, but with a rather rugged look.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Sunset Coffee Roasters have a branch inside Terminal 21, on level 1, which is actually the third level.
Excellent coffee. Their roasting facility is just along North Road. Far better to go here than to one of the chains.

Just like their beach front cafe, they have terribly uncomfortable seating.