Mixed Emotions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Mixed Emotions

Post by Jun »

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE POST #4 NOT THE OPENING POST

These days, most of the young Thai lads at the beach are with farang. Presumably "boyfriends" or regular hires. I see some with the same farang every day, then when the farang has presumably gone back home, the guy is on the phone apps or in the bar.

I think your best bet is to do long time with a guy and agree to do long time with him again if he meets you down at the beach.

Times do change. It's only about 8 years or so ago that I would pay someone for long time, then some of them would come back and find me at the beach in the middle of the afternoon. Often to be followed by long time again.

As for the hotel, I briefly stayed at Zing (formerly Ganytmede) last month. I had no problems with other guests, although saw very few of them as I didn't take the breakfast option. Saw some farang with their young boys in the pool. I only switched the TV on once and it worked fine.

Overall, I don't know of anywhere better than Pattaya for that kind of gay scene.
Captain Kirk

Mixed Emotions

Post by Captain Kirk »

Been back in Pattaya for three days now for the first time in three years and to be honest I'm a bit up and down about it.

The bright lights of Sunee Plaza are almost extinguished and even Boyztown is a shadow of what it was on my first visit in the early days of this millennium. Two days at the beach, a total of ten hours during which I witnessed only one Thai guy walking along looking for company of a farang. That one being the same guy who has worked the beach for as long as I remember. All of which doth sadden me it has to be said. On the other hand, I still love it here and for as long as downsizing does not become disappearance then I think I probably always will.

I've chosen the former Ganymede as my base as I did last time though it'll be the last. Not for any outrageous reason, it simply doesn't feel right for me anymore. Irritations such as a cockroach in the cupboard, tv signal being lost for a few hours and a shower with little to no warm water don't help but it has also all but been taken over by the straight fraternity and Eastern Europeans so it's time to leave this place behind.

I'll ask if I may, for a bit of advice. With the dearth of boys working the beach now I intend asking one or two to accompany me tomorrow and thereafter. Thing is, I've no clue how much I should offer for doing so. Any advice guys? Would be maybe around four hours of their time, no sex, just good fun company - eye candy, if you like. I wouldn't like to appear Scrooge like but don't want to silly overpay either. Anybody got a ballpark figure that the boys would likely be content with?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 pmI wouldn't like to appear Scrooge like but don't want to silly overpay either. Anybody got a ballpark figure that the boys would likely be content with?
Everybody seems to think in order to have a good time with the boys in Pattaya, you have to depend on the bars. There are plenty of other ways to hook up and enjoy time with boys without ever even setting foot in a bar.

Bear in mind that the money boys don't necessarily see it as the customer paying for sex, but see it as the customer paying for their time. If you're talking about a few hours, but no sex involved, I would make sure the boy understands that, understands what you plan to do with him, and if he is a money boy I would offer 1000 baht.

Don't forget - not all the boys are money boys. So many farang come here and assume that any boy interested in him must be a money boy. That is not always true. I suggest you try the apps, especially if no sex will be involved. If you're willing to take a young gent who might be a bit older than the usual bar boy, you might not have to pay him anything at all. Again, explain what you want to do with him and make it clear you will pay the bills for whatever you're doing with him, but only that. You need to know whether you are dealing with a money boy or a dealing with a boy who simply likes the idea of being treated to whatever you have in mind, and you paying the bills.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I've been on the apps GB but no takers so far for an afternoon at the beach. Of the two I'm using - Blued and Grindr - there are far more listings locally on Blued. Go past the first ten or so profiles (non farang) on Grindr and they quickly begin to be a fair distance away. Blued has dozens of closer options.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Go to the Jomtiem Complex bars and have a drink with someone that you like. Ask them or their friends if they are interested. Many bar boys wake up around 1.00 to 200pm so they could fit in a few hours at the beach before work. I see some of my bar boy friends posting on fb from Dongtan Beach when they are with a farang.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Oops, forgot the bars are closed tonight . Ask on the apps.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am Of the two I'm using - Blued and Grindr - there are far more listings locally on Blued. Go past the first ten or so profiles (non farang) on Grindr
Don't forget Planet Romeo and JackD. Try those too.

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am I've been on the apps GB but no takers so far for an afternoon at the beach.
Maybe you need to offer something other than the beach. Thai boys have some sort of phobia about getting tan. Many don't want anything to do with the beach or being out in the sun because of it.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am've been on the apps GB but no takers so far for an afternoon at the beach
The boys you're contacting are thinking that you're interested in a free beach companion which won't interest any of them.

Forget the "afternoon at the beach deal" and just tell them you want a short time for 1,000 baht. When he shows up tell him your not in the mood for sex and would rather just get to know him while sitting around at the beach...but assure him you'll be paying the same short time fee. He'll gladly accept...you'll get a chance to know him...mission accomplished.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Hornet gay app appears to be the app of choice in Pattaya.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

For actually getting offs, I find Hornet and Grindr are good. Although Hornet has a plague of adverts. At one point I timed it as an ad every 2 minutes.

Planet Romeo is very nice, but has few boys, although the ones that are on there tend to be quicker to respond and keen. Lots of features and low profile advertising, so I think we should try and keep it going.

Travelling around northern Isan, Hornet and Blued are by far the most popular apps, but nearly all of my dates were via Hornet. I didn't get much success on Blued. I even double checked and compared my profile across the two apps. So when coming back to Pattaya at the end of my trip, I didn't bother with Blued much.

JackD seems to be declining. At one stage the app went through a phase when it didn't work very well, so perhaps that is why they lost customers.