Go Away Expats Thailand Doesn’t Want You!

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Go Away Expats Thailand Doesn’t Want You!

Post by Undaunted »

This is a video of a farang radio host discussing the present situation in Thailand (note the video takes a few seconds to begin):

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Re: Go Away Expats Thailand Doesn’t Want You!

Post by Dodger »

Can't get the video to load.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:52 am Can't get the video to load.
I do not know why but you must wait after clicking on the link about a minute...If there a message that says video disabled by owner disregard and click on that message.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I lasted 22 minutes before I finally had enough. The guy has only been here for 3 years, yet he believes - he actually believes - he is an expert. He knows how things should be done. Like heck! He should not be on the radio, internet or whatever. He can't even speak half way decently! Some of the points he is trying to make in between vast swathes of rubbish may be quite pertinent. But that rubbish really is rubbish.

So Chinese tourists have been going down for years? For goodness sake, he doesn't even do basic research. So the Thai government doesn't want foreign tourists because the new middle class Thais are touring their own country, can now afford to fly internally and they make up what foreigners would spend? What a load of utter stupidity!

So he can't decide if the value of tourism to Thailand is US$1 billion or Bt. 1 billion. Then he decides it's Bt. 1 billion. Actually the tourism industry contributes over Bt. 2 trillion. But then research clearly means nothing to this idiot.

I didn't bother to listen to what he said about expats living here because I am sure we have all heard all the various sides of the arguments in this Board. Why he is allowed to live here and spout such idiocy is the one real surprise! As one of the respondents on the youtube comments part stated, "what a knucklehead!"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:30 pm The guy has only been here for 3 years, yet he believes - he actually believes - he is an expert.
I have yet to see a foreigner living in Thailand, no matter how long he's lived here, who even remotely qualifies as an expert. And if there is one, this guy ain't it . . .
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Complete jerk. Useful only for some comic relief.
Reminds me of someone: :ugeek:

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm
fountainhall wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:30 pm The guy has only been here for 3 years, yet he believes - he actually believes - he is an expert.
I have yet to see a foreigner living in Thailand, no matter how long he's lived here, who even remotely qualifies as an expert. And if there is one, this guy ain't it . . .
My experience, after four and a half years here, is that the more you learn about Thailand, the more you realise how little you know.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

During my very first visit to gay Thailand in 1998 I sat at a bar stool in Panorama Bar/Boyztown and got into a conversation with a very friendly Australian gentleman named Ian. Ian had been residing in Pattaya since the mid-sixties and took great pleasure in describing what Pattaya was like from its very beginning. It was a fascinating story. He remembered Gentlemen's Club being the first gay bar to open on the Pattayaland Sois which was then surrounding by rice paddies. He gave me some very straightforward advise that night which I've never forgotten: "Don't be fooled by the smiles - never promise them anything beyond the tip for sex - and, never fall in love with a whore."

Thanks to Ian I became an expert on Thailand my very first day.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:16 am Thanks to Ian I became an expert on Thailand my very first day.
I had a similar experience. I've posted this many times before, but I think it's worth repeating now. I call it "The Richard Burk Philosophy." When I first came to Pattaya Richard gave me this advice. I didn't understand why at the time, but I understand it now. A few years here taught me:

"If you want love in Thailand, rent it."
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Dodger wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:16 am During my very first visit to gay Thailand in 1998 I sat at a bar stool in Panorama Bar/Boyztown and got into a conversation with a very friendly Australian gentleman named Ian. Ian had been residing in Pattaya since the mid-sixties and took great pleasure in describing what Pattaya was like from its very beginning. It was a fascinating story.
Lovely anecdote, Dodger. Can you recall any more of the history of gay Pattaya related by Ian? Also, did he have any information about the first go-go bars in Bangkok? My knowledge only goes back to 1979 with two of the bars - a sleaze joint named Stockholm on Langsuan and Apollo in Silom Soi 4 above where Sphynx used to be.