Tartawan Hotel Update Anyone???

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: Tartawan Hotel Update Anyone???

Post by fountainhall »

As soon as you go into the hotel's homepage, one of the slides does say "Open July 2019". But that quickly disappears and if you miss it, it might not reappear. I suppose the management may have had one room of each type completed first in order to get images. Merely a guess.

https://www.immhotelsurawong.com/deluxe.html
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton
Go to the link below and klik on Check Rates. Enter a date...say 22 to 23 June ...a calendar then comes up ( once you delete a notification that there are no vacancies).
This calendar has the closed dates blocked off.
https://www.immhotelsurawong.com/deluxe.html
jason105

Post by jason105 »

The link requires that you register and sign in.
I just wanted the info which I was able to see behind the sign-in window.
Deluxe room seems reasonable.
Thanks for the update.
All the best
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

If after inserting your dates, you just click the X on the top right to close the form requesting your email (to get the hotel's lowest rates), you get the page with the rack rates.
lukylok

Post by lukylok »

Does anyone have recent experience of the Tarntawan appartements, on the corner ?
Still run by Lukas ?
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Closure - Letter The Tarntawan Surawong Bangkok

Dear Esteemed Guests,

Warmest greetings from TCC Hotel Group !!

We would like to thank you for the excellent relationship we have enjoyed with you over the years. Throughout its tenure, The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong Bangkok has consistently welcomed guests with memorable experiences. We would like to take this opportunity to announce that we will embark on a new chapter in its remarkable story.

The Tarntawan Surawong Bangkok will be temporarily closed between 1 June – 15 July 2019 for an extensive project to revitalize this property. In the meantime, we are pleased to welcome all pre-booked guests and new reservations staying from 16 July 2019.

Please note that the name will be remain or not change to be imm Hotel as my informed earlier. We would like to apologize for any confusion by reverting back to “The Tarntawan Surawong Bangkok”.

We are very grateful for the many years of support you have given us and thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.

For all enquiries, please contact me at below shown number.

Yours sincerely,

Thanadon Tibkham
Hotel Manager
The Tarntawan Surawong Bangkok
119/5-10 Surawong Rd., Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand.
M: +66 (0) 89 204 9461 | T: +66 (0) 2238 2620 | E: [email protected] | W: www.tarntawansurawong.com
solcial media gray 25px-10ig-black
Josan

Post by Josan »

Welcome back Tarntawan!
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

First time back to Tartawan in several years and things are a bit better. I lived through the new young manager the new group brought on who fired many of the staff, did away with traditional Thai dress at front desk, discontinued the welcome fruit baskets in the room, tore down the hotel sign and sold it to the apartments down the street, required cash payment to hotel car driver instead of putting on the bill, and on and on. So next he was gone and they had someone trying to repair the damage done. Better but not good. Jump three years or so to today. I booked via Hotels.com and then sent message to property via that system requesting airport pick up. Received response the next day with price, confirmation, and cost would be put on my hotel bill.Also clear meeting instructions.

On arrival my car was waiting outside and did not have to be called for which was typical in the past. Good safe driver and good car.
My corner suite is as I remembered no renovation evident since my last stay but everything including AC works! Laundry service is back to a one day turn around sent by 10am it comes back in the morning or early afternoon the next day.
Breakfast is not the same. The old buffet is gone and only consists of fruit and toast Food is ordered so no more salads and good variety of things to pick at on those hung over mornings. My room included breakfast but they will not deliver it to my room I must go downstairs,So I eat fruit and then take my plate back to my room when main course arrived. Room service food that I ordered twice arrives cool and takes a long time. It also arrived via front desk staff so I think they are short staffed,
Security is on duty and as I mention in my bar post the guard on duty volunteered to walked me down to Nature Boys at 1am. Above and beyond.
So I am pleased to be back at Tarntawan and things are better. I will stay again unless something very odd develops and I will update here.
Oh and the have new lighted modern looking signs on the alley entrance and on the building so easier for drivers and guests to find the hotel.