Mandatory health insurance

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Mandatory health insurance

Post by Undaunted »

Bangkokian wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:59 pm Thanks. Just looked at their site but they do not give a quotation for those over 70
Not everyone is 70 and above and some may only need it for 1 or 2 years.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

FYI... The Royal Thai Embassy in Rome Italy is the first known Embassy / Consulate to REQUIRE MEDICAL INSURANCE for the O-A Visa
This is now appearing on their website.

(BTW...The wording from Embassy/Consulates are known to be set by local Thai Embassy/Consulates).

Looking over at other Thai Embassy/Consulate websites worldwide, NO MEDICAL INSURANCE is yet required.

http://www.thaiembassy.it/index.php/en/ ... pplication

Non-Immigrant O-A Long Stay Visa (Visa Validity 1 year / Period of Stay 3 months (multiple entries) / Fee of 150 Euro)

Required documents:

The applicant must be 50 years old and above.
Bank Statement or Proof of Income with a minimum balance of 25,000 Euro or monthly pension of 2,000 Euro
Residence Permit
Resume
Penal Record Certificate from the country of residence
Health Certificate without prohibited diseases in Thailand
***Medical Insurance ***
The applicant must apply for this type of visa at the Royal Thai Embassy

Tj
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

windwalker wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 am I did check out Pacific Cross website. Somewhat confusing with the number of policies they over. However I can get some sort of insurance, with a deductible, for about $11,000/year. Not bad???? :o
Is that $11,000 U.S. dollars?

I just picked up the Pacific Cross "Standard Extra Plus" policy for 45,000 baht/year (U.S. $1,500). This policy includes 780,000 Inpatient and 60,000 Outpatient with a 40,000 baht deductible with free choice of hospitals. The normal price for this policy for my age bracket was 39,000 THB but they charged me 6,000 THB more because I admitted to be a smoker. I get a 10% discount if the policy is not used year one, an additional 15% discount if not used for two years and 20% additional discount if not used three years. Unfortunately, the price will go up after 3 years when I reach age 70.

Note: This Pacific Cross policy includes a lot more coverage than those rip off Long Stay Insurance Polices that are floating around out there...costs less... and you would be treated in a private hospital versus a State Hospital. Anyone who signs up for one of those rip off Long Stay policies simply hasn't done their homework.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Dodger wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:04 am
windwalker wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 am I did check out Pacific Cross website. Somewhat confusing with the number of policies they over. However I can get some sort of insurance, with a deductible, for about $11,000/year. Not bad???? :o
Is that $11,000 U.S. dollars?

Unfortunately, the price will go up after 3 years when I reach age 70.
Yes, $11,000 USD. Wait till your 80 and see what they quote you. :o