How to correctly use the Quote feature

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

How to correctly use the Quote feature

Post by Gaybutton »

Folks, apparently some of you are not familiar with how to properly use the quote feature when quoting someone's post.

I often see something like this:

That is incorrect and not how to use the feature. I usually edit the post so that the quote feature is used correctly. When used correctly, the quote points back to the post you quoted from.

Here's how to do it correctly:

1. When you want to quote from a post, at the top right of the post you want to quote you will see a quotation mark icon.
2. Click on that icon
3. Now the entire post will appear in your own posting box.
4. Underneath the [/quote] now you can write your post.
5. Before submitting the post, if you want to edit out the portions of the quoted post that you don't need, you can do that.
6. Once everything is ready, click the submit button. The post will be correctly quoted and you will save me the trouble of having to go into your post and reset it so the quote appears correctly.
Gaybutton

Re: How to correctly use the Quote feature

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:28 am Here's how to do it correctly
If you do it correctly, the quote will look like this.

See that little arrow to the right of where it says "Gaybutton wrote:" ? Clicking on that arrow takes you to the post that was quoted.

Here's another example:
Gaybutton wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:02 am If you have not been to Samis new location, actually much closer to Soi Neurnplabwan than the old location and much larger, on the same soi on "The Dark Side," I highly recommend giving it a try.
Gaybutton

Re: How to correctly use the Quote feature

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, I think everyone who needed to read this already has. I've changed the topic status to standard topic.