New Go-Go Bars in Patpong

Anything and everything about Thailand
werner99

Re: New Go-Go Bars in Patpong

Post by werner99 »

Trongpai,

Thanks so much for your interesting comments about the new (and relatively new) Patpong bars, as well as about the restaurants in the area.

Have you ventured in Patpong recently, and do you -- or anyone else -- have any additional comments about present operations, especially of Dream Boys and Lucky Boy?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Trongpai,

Thanks a million!

The best summary of the bar changes in Bangkok I've seen to date and extremely useful.

I saved your Post # 4 bar listing which will come in very handy during my next visit to Bangkok.

Good going!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

werner99 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm Trongpai,
Have you ventured in Patpong recently, and do you -- or anyone else -- have any additional comments about present operations, especially of Dream Boys and Lucky Boy?
Ok, you want to keep this thread going. Yes, I have. I was in Hotmale last Saturday night (29 June) and there were 25 customers for the 10:30 show. I'm pleased to announce that Hotmale is now one of the non-smoking bars. Entry 350B at the door includes one drink. They had 15 boys on stage but others showed up for the shows and big cock display. I guess there's boys who rotate between bars. Actually quite a lot, there were 15 or more big cocks on parade and most of them were guests performers. The number of shows and the quantity of performers varies with the number of customers on any given night.

No changes with Dream Boys or Lucky from the last report. I've noticed a lot of former long time Dream boys have relocated and scattered to other bars.

A few nights ago there was a ch.3 news story with live footage (on tape) of a raid on Prince Massage for non-Thai workers. The story named Lao and Cambodians but did not give numbers. My Hero on Suk 11 is also owned by Prince and staff rotate between venues but the story was focused on Prince only. I have not seen anything in the English press but I've not conducted a through search. I don't know if this was an isolated incident or if the gogo's are under any pressure with non-Thai staff.

On an unrelated note, Vincent's Restaurant, former located of Mali's, on Sathrorn soi 1 has closed. Mali's was the go-to restaurant when you met someone special at Babylon for many years. Speaking of Babylon, entry price has just increased to 280B weekends. 380B for special events. Price increase for food and drinks too.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trongpai wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:55 pmOn an unrelated note, Vincent's Restaurant, former located of Mali's, on Sathrorn soi 1 has closed. Mali's was the go-to restaurant when you met someone special at Babylon for many years.
Mali's was a very pleasant restaurant - as was Vincent's in its original location near the junction of Ngamduplee and Rama 4. I really disliked the way Vincent redecorated Mali's with bright featureless floodlit lighting in place of the cosy over-the-table lights in Mali's day. I got the feeling the restaurant changed hands a year or so ago. Whatever happened, two once good restaurants have now disappeared.
gkwanger

Post by gkwanger »

Tawan Bar visit June 2019: No smoking. Entry+drink, 400 baht. Sparse crowd until about 10:30 when it builds for the 10:45 show. No drag. Hard cocks walk around with sample handling. Short scenes, light bondage and simulated flogging, plus HJ and sucking. J/O contest finale. Crowd mostly Chinese with some Japanese plus a few US, Aus, European. Maybe a small but growing number of Indians. Good selection of cute big muscle, but not exclusively, who pose and stand on stage, but between time on stage will circulate and sit with customers when invited. Should be tipped if you spend any time checking out the muscle. No photos of the show, strictly enforced. But photos with the guys OK. 500 off fee. 500 short time rent of room next door in the bar's massage biz.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Here's a brief update on Lucky Boys Well, they told me they were going to rework the show and they have but I suspect the majority of you won't like it. Most of the long time dancers from Classic are gone. It's the sort of show that might appeal to the Asians and they are filling the seats. Two shows and they are long, like an hour and a half. Mostly lady boy lip sync and real stupid Issan style comedy. Still, some of the usual sex acts provided you can see them on the big and high stage. They actually had a chuck-wow show with a finish! The general type of staff on stage are on the more masculine side as opposed to the former twinks at Classic. Thai, Lao and Vietnamese.

I was in the bar late on a recent weekend night and I was told they had 17 off's on this particular night. About 20 remained. Drinks still at 350. Might have been 18 off's as after I was told that there was this youngish well dressed fit Thai guy taking off one from the stage. I don't get it, I found the customer better looking that his off?

All of the pushy mamasans that irritated at Classic and XBoys have been fired. It's pretty laid back now.

I was told that Lucky Boys had just added short time rooms on the first floor under the bar. I asked for a tour but I was told they were occupied. So, I can't report on the quality, anyone? 500B, a little steep but The BBB Inn on Rama 4 was up to 650 last time I checked. Is The BBB still open? Then there's the Suriwong for ST rooms. Walk into the narrow alley off Suriwong and on the ground floor there's an old man generally sitting on a chair. You have to negotiate with him as there's no set price but use the above two prices as a reference. Clean with a hot water shower ST rooms on Sukhumvit 4 go for 300 to 350. DI Inn is good. Off soi 4 just past Checkers bar.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 pm The general type of staff on stage are on the more masculine side as opposed to the former twinks at Classic. Thai, Lao and Vietnamese.

I was in Lucky Boys late on a recent weekend night and I was told they had 17 off's on this particular night.
That might have been an erroneous assumption. Tonight Aug 30 (Friday) arrived 2200 to a mostly full house but found a decent seat. Most of my recent Bangkok bar reports note the lack of farangs vrs. Asian customers but on this night there were abut 1/3 farangs. I've not seen that many in years. Where did they come from?

There were 40 or so on the stage mix types and quite a few cute twinks. The show pretty much the same but with some new dancers and new sex performers. The show was about an hour, cut down from before and that's better, a long show can get boring.

Unfortunately, the portly farang seated next to me was chain smoking and I came out smelling like smoke. No other seats, I could not move.

On to Fresh Boys for the second show. The house was about half full with mostly Asians but a few farangs here and there too. It's nice to see Farangs have returned to the bars: a new trend or just an aberration? The stage staff was on the more twink and thin to very thin types. About 30 or so. Same show, all sex and erotic acts, no ladyboy and no dancing. Some of the Vietnamese waiters get a little pushy. The big cock show had only 3 performers: I was told 4 big cocks had been off'ed after the first show.

Spoke to someone I know exiting Dream Boys Bangkok and his report was not favorable. Stage staff and show poor. Few customers. Quite a change from the original soi Twilight location. Dream Boys Paradisco remains open and I don't know why?

The old soi Twilight remains curtained off at both end but no demolition yet. It's just sets there in decaying ruins collecting trash.

Vincent's Restaurant, former location Mali's, is now covered and is being totally demolished. I don't know what's going in there?
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

I have just come back from Bangkok, and can confirm that Dreamboy is not good. Dull show, ageing, and frankly fat performers. Big cock show only. Busy though on Saturday. I also found the show at Hotmale poor. Dancers just went through the motions. There was a fucking show, athletic, using the rings etc. Performers a bit old for my taste. They went round the room, attached for tips. Lucky Boys better, younger guys, fucking show, plus third boy cumming on the bottom! Very full. Screwboys also full, though it's small. More twinks, very enthusiastic fucking show. Finally Fresh Boys on a Tuesday. Lots of twinks, not many audience. Good fucking show with younger guys.

I can confirm more farangs in audience, and fewer annoying mamasans. I was largely left alone. Drinks 350, except Dreamboy which was 450, bad value! It seemed to me that the bars have settled in well, and at least on Friday and Saturday were busy.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Thanks to Trongpai and KeithAmbrose for the update!

You both seem to think that Dreamboys is no longer a decent bar.

In the past, it had many attractive guys, although the show was terrible and tedious.

How many guys and what types does Dream Boys Bangkok now have?
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Certainly I would not go back. Maybe 20 guys, though the pillar in the middle makes it difficult to tell. Basically a lot of the guys were out of condition, as I said, and either nearly 30 or older, I would say.