Medical Exams

Anything and everything about Thailand
billyhouston

Re: Medical Exams

Post by billyhouston »

This from Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital. There are various add-ons that can be selected:

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm I'm not familiar with BCH hospital. What is the full name of the hospital? Location?
Sorry, I'm guilty of using a TLA without explaining it.
BCH=Bangkok Christian Hospital, Silom, Bangkok. Just a few yards west of Patpong.
billyhouston wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 pmThis from Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital. There are various add-ons that can be selected:
Looks like good value.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Jun wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:51 pm
billyhouston wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 pmThis from Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital. There are various add-ons that can be selected:
Looks like good value.
I asked a friend who works at The New York Presbyterian what they would charge for this check up. I'm glad I don't live in New York!
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

billyhouston wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 pm This from Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital. There are various add-ons that can be selected:

Thanks Billyhouston:

That's a great value.

Most of the private hospitals promote a wide array of exam packages which only someone with a medical degree could understand...and also making it impossible to determine the value of the exam as compared to the price. They must have picked up on this sales technique from the Insurance Industry.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Many thanks Billyhouston. I’m going to Chiang Mai in August and will just get the check up there. It seems to cover the basics without all the bells and whistles added by the major international hospitals.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

I have this done every year. No need to book, just turn up (I usually get there at 0830). Last thing done is usually the EKG and they then ask you to return in a couple of hours to see the doctor and, as of this year, hand you the report at that time.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:41 pm
richsilver wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 pm half-price sale every year.
I was not aware of that. How does one find out about these sales, the prices, and when they're available?
As I recall, you purchase Oct - Dec, every year. You must use by Feb of the following year. I believe I paid 5,490 which included the ultrasound sound. Additionally, many procedures in all departments discounted. You could get a colonoscopy for 18k.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm I'm not familiar with BCH hospital. What is the full name of the hospital? Location?
I use Bangkok Christian Hospital for my annual check ups.
I do it during the month of January when they have their annual New Year promotion saving about 3K on the top choice of tests.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Thanks for the useful information!