Notification of residence(TM 30) on line In English

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jogger

Notification of residence(TM 30) on line In English

Post by Jogger »

I have downloaded this Application on my Android and whilst i have not yet registered I can see it may be useful if i need to notify Immigration when away from where I stay.

I have no way of knowing if this application works well or otherwise. But if it does it might save a trip to the immigration office.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .section38

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/section ... ?l=th&mt=8

There is a discussion about it on Thai Visa Forum:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/110380 ... /#comments
Gaybutton

Re: Notification of residence(TM 30) on line In English

Post by Gaybutton »

Jogger wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 am I have downloaded this Application on my Android and whilst i have not yet registered I can see it may be useful if i need to notify Immigration when away from where I stay.
Unless you're staying in a private residence or a campground or somewhere other than a hotel, you are not under any obligation to report to immigration. The hotel does that for you.

Also, if I am not mistaken, this app does not relieve the responsibility of submitting the 90-day address report to immigration, even if you use this app to report your whereabouts somewhere other than your residence area.
Jogger

Post by Jogger »

For those of us who are on retirement visa extensions etc there is an obligation for a TM 30 to be submitted to immigration. There are many, many reports of retirees being refused extensions until a TM 30 is submitted. The way immigration is interpreting Section 38 of the Immigration Act(dealing with TM 30) if a landlord does not submit TM 30 the tenant needs to do it and can be fined for non-compliance.

Leaving your usual home in Thailand(going to another province/travel outside Thailand) for more than 24 hours can activate submitting a TM 30 report.

90 day reporting is a separate issue.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jogger wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:43 pm
Leaving your usual home in Thailand(going to another province/travel outside Thailand) for more than 24 hours can activate submitting a TM 30 report.
Thanks for the information Jogger.

I'm well aware of the responsibility for 90 day reporting, although wasn't aware of the fact that I had to submit a TM 30 every time I travel to another province for more than 24 hours. I travel to Buriram routinely and typically stay for 1 or 2 weeks per visit. I estimate I make around 6 trips per year. Does the law stipulate that I must go to Immigration and submit a TM 30 every time I do this?

If the answer is yes, then I'm not quite sure how they would monitor this. Whenever I get pulled over at a police roadblock they always ask me where I'm going - but never once have they asked me how long I planned on staying...or, request a copy of this ridiculous TM 30.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:48 pm If the answer is yes, then I'm not quite sure how they would monitor this.
The answer is yes if, and only if, you are staying somewhere that does not do the reporting for you. Nearly every hotel takes care of the requirement. If you have any doubts, ask the hotel. I don't think you will find a hotel other than a total dump that does not report every day.

Sorry Jogger, but I am not going to have yet another topic needlessly frightening people. We've had too many of those already.

This topic is closed.