Tokio Affordable Insurance

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Tokio Affordable Insurance

Post by Undaunted »

A couple living in Thailand gives a fascinating description of the insurance they purchased:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Re: Tokio Affordable Insurance

Post by fountainhall »

fascinating? It's crashingly boring!

That vdo is made by a 50 year old man and his laughing wife! Surely that policy is never going to work for older expatriates in the 65+ bracket! At the very start of the video the man points out that chunks of that Tokyo Marine insurance can be cancelled at any time during the first two years. So if you have a serious illness in Year 1, that will not be covered from Year 2 onwards! How is that going to be acceptable to the government for retirees living here?

The only way to guarantee medical cover - it seems, for I find the 2 related videos so boring I only skimmed through them - is if you purchase a 20-year Life Insurance policy from the company first! Granted the premiums for a 50-year old are low, but then so are the Life benefits! I'll bet a 65-year old will find it all vastly more expensive.

Take a look at the Life Assurance video if you can bear all the laughing and giggling. It's clear this is a pair of wankers who really have little clue about their facts and how to present them - even for the policies they themselves have purchased!

Odd, too, that Tokio Marine is not on the government's list of approved insurance companies for retirees!