Be sure your TM30 is filed with Thai Immigration

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Be sure your TM30 is filed with Thai Immigration

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:18 am
RichLB wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am Is there a way to check with Thai immigration to find out if one has to be filed before I renew my visa? If so, who do I ask for?
It is not your responsibility it is your landlord’s.
Good advice!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am is there a way to check with Thai immigration to find out if one has to be filed before I renew my visa? If so, who do I ask for?
Why worry about it? If you're not sure and it's bothering you, why not just go to immigration and file one? It can't hurt anything and it's a simple form. That way you'll be covered.
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:18 am
RichLB wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am Is there a way to check with Thai immigration to find out if one has to be filed before I renew my visa? If so, who do I ask for?
It is not your responsibility it is your landlord’s. When you renew your visa you must show them something confirming that you live at the address you state on the form a lease etc. Let sleeping dogs lie! I now live in a rental condo I have no idea where my landlord is the juristic manager did the notification online.
I suggest you ask Jomtien Immigration.
I know there are other Immigration Offices that are refusing to process ANY service for an expat without the TM 30 being filed.
Therefore be prepared by filing now vs later.
It could be a crisis if your annual extension date had arrived and told NO TM 30 filed...
therefore NO extension granted until it was....It is best to be prepared.

Tj
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

RichLB,

I sent you a PM re where to check in Immigration and some other info. The desk that handles TM.30 filing is in the room to the left when you enter the building and face the info desk.
gera

Post by gera »

My understanding is that if I am on long term visa (e.g. ,elite card) and condo owner I do not need to file tm 30 for myself if I stay in condo. Am I correct?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

gera, I do believe you are mistaken. Somewhere along the line you should have a TM 30 filed. Saying that, I do know of some people who have, to their knowledge, never filed one and never had a problem.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

gera wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 am My understanding is that if I am on long term visa (e.g. ,elite card) and condo owner I do not need to file tm 30 for myself if I stay in condo. Am I correct?
Sadly I believe not. I am in the same boat and I have been told I have to register as a home owner and then fill up these ridiculous forms every time I return. Since all times I return (with just one exception per year) I do so at BKK where I have filled in the arrivals card with exactly the same information, I fail to understand why I can not give the Immigration officer the two forms at the same time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:19 pm I fail to understand why I can not give the Immigration officer the two forms at the same time.
Because even if these multiple TM30 forms made sense in the first place, turning in both forms to the immigration officer would also make sense.

Isn't making sense verboten in Thailand, especially when it comes to immigration issues . . . ?
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

gera wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 am My understanding is that if I am on long term visa (e.g. ,elite card) and condo owner I do not need to file tm 30 for myself if I stay in condo. Am I correct?
You are NOT CORRECT.
You need to file a TM30.

Tj
gera

Post by gera »

Tj, I appreciate your response. However, I vividly remember that the benchmark article in BKK post indicated that people on long term visa ( with vigorous back ground check) do not need to do that. Retirement visa is not considered long term visa.