Koh Samui

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Koh Samui

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 pm I did browse to Alpha gay resort & noted the rooms were THB 13500 per night. No doubt there may be discounts available somewhere, but elsewhere in Thailand I've had some fine hotels for less than 10% of that price.

One night Standard 3000, Superior 3,800 and 4,400 for the suit. The web page gives you a total price for the total nights rather then per night. You don't get a price until you plug in date(s), I got these prices with a Aug 14 to 15 dates. Perhaps the more nights you stay the lower the price? Confusing. Also, check Agoda, booking.com etc for perhaps better pricing.

There's lots of other hotel/resort options nearby. Agoda sorts them nicely. I've found hotel booking sites have quite "dynamic" pricing, keep checking and the price suddenly drops or rises in a short time span. When you see it drop, book quick.

We stayed at the Hansar in BoPut and I can't believe the inflated prices on their web page. I paid nothing near what they quote. I bought it via a travel fair in Bangkok, buy 4 nights and get one free.

https://alphagayresort.com/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 pm One night Standard 3000, Superior 3,800 and 4,400 for the suit.
Ah, looks like user error. I was checking for December & January, when if I click on a day, their dumb website gives me a minimum of 3 nights. Can pick 1 night in February.

Anyhow, until my stock portfolio produces some miracles, I'll continue to look for clean tidy hotels nearer to the 1000~1300 baht mark. Obviously I pay >3000 where I have to, e.g. Europe, Singapore etc.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Thanks Trongpai and Jun. You have now given me ideas for planning trips for when a friend arrives from the UK in November for a holiday.
The best I have done over his many visits are Chiang Mai, Phuket and Pattaya.