Eastern Corridor Airport Link

Post by Undaunted »

Contacts to begin construction to be signed next month:

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/hi ... next-month
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Eastern Corridor Airport Link

Post by Gaybutton »

If they finally get going on this, I'll be very interested to know where the stops will be and the actual locations of the stations.

I don't see anything in the article that says just how long the ride from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport will be. What will be the actual speed?

Also, it would be nice if there is a stop somewhere in downtown Bangkok, preferable with easy access to local transportation, such as the BTS and MRT.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Isn't it normal to publish detailed route maps before construction starts ?
A certain level of definition is needed so the contractor can be tied down to a fixed price.

Besides, as Thailand is trying to look like a democracy at present, one would also expect a consultation phase.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:48 pm If they finally get going on this, I'll be very interested to know where the stops will be and the actual locations of the stations.

I don't see anything in the article that says just how long the ride from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport will be. What will be the actual speed?

Also, it would be nice if there is a stop somewhere in downtown Bangkok, preferable with easy access to local transportation, such as the BTS and MRT.
I've been following this project with some interest due to the fact that one of the stops will be U-Tapao which is a stone's throw from Bang Saray making it very fast and convenient to navigate to other cities, provinces, and of course airports.

The maximum speed of the high speed rail is 250 km/hour which should get you from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi in about 30 minutes.

There are 9 stops in the Plan: Don Muang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Sriracha, Pattaya and Rayong.

Fully Operational : 2023...with a good tail wind and some serious support from Buddha.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

This is the best I can find but I am not sure if it is the latest version. A stop in Bangkok is not on that map, but it is included as Dodger pointed out. One key question is: how many non-stop trains will operate or will all stop at every station? Hopefully some will be virtually non-stop.

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Below is a link to the latest EEC Report providing answers to all of your questions:

https://www.eeco.or.th/en/project/infra ... peed-train
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:58 am providing answers to all of your questions:
Not quite all. The map shows which cities where there will be stops, but does not show the locations in those cities where the stops will be. I hope the Pattaya stop will be a convenient location.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I am not sure if the locations of some of the stations has yet been determined. Most high-speed rail networks require completely new stations. Since this will involve laying at least some new track, the stations are surely likely to be built on the outskirts of cities. But that's just a guess.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:15 am
Dodger wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:58 am providing answers to all of your questions:
Not quite all. The map shows which cities where there will be stops, but does not show the locations in those cities where the stops will be. I hope the Pattaya stop will be a convenient location.
It says it will be using largely existing track which means in Pattaya it will be on the Dark Side not far from Sukumvit
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 amIt says it will be using largely existing track which means in Pattaya it will be on the Dark Side not far from Sukhumvit
I think it is more accurate to say "a small section of existing track". There will be 181 kms of new elevated track. The present rail tracks are not elevated! I assume that this means it will use the existing track location but build above it. They will also be dual tracks and I believe most of the existing route has only a single track. If by "elevated" this means roughly the height of the existing Airport Rail Link, new stations will certainly be needed outside Bangkok. So somewhere on the Dark Side seems the obvious Pattaya location.
The project consists of the current Airport Rail Link route of 29 km. and the new constructed route of 191 km. The train will operate on the following types of tracks 1) the elevated track of 181 km., 2) the track of 2 km., and 3) the underground track of 8 km.
https://www.eeco.or.th/en/project/infra ... peed-train