Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 pm I just returned from Sunee there were at least 30 jockeys racing around while the police had a checkpoint setup under the overpass at 3rd road and Thappraya with apparently little to do.....go figure :!:
Why am I not surprised?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 pm I just returned from Sunee there were at least 30 jockeys racing around while the police had a checkpoint setup under the overpass at 3rd road and Thappraya with apparently little to do.....go figure :!:
A corrupt, lazy and useless police force will find it way easier to raise revenue picking on well behaved motorists, rather than having to get off their fat posteriors & chase down some yobs on motorcycles.
Once caught, the motorists are likely to be more compliant too. No struggles, no abuse & good payers, as they know the "system".

Incidentally, do any of the businesses in Sunee phone the police & call them out when the camel jockeys are disrupting their trade ?
That's what I would do if running a business there.
Then if the police don't come out, I would be posting videos on you tube to publicize the lawless nature of things. Or something to try and embarrass them into some action.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 am
A corrupt, lazy and useless police force will find it way easier to raise revenue picking on well behaved motorists, rather than having to get off their fat posteriors & chase down some yobs on motorcycles.
Once caught, the motorists are likely to be more compliant too. No struggles, no abuse & good payers, as they know the "system".

Incidentally, do any of the businesses in Sunee phone the police & call them out when the camel jockeys are disrupting their trade ?
That's what I would do if running a business there.
Then if the police don't come out, I would be posting videos on you tube to publicize the lawless nature of things. Or something to try and embarrass them into some action.
If we still had the "I Like" icon I would have clicked it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm If we still had the "I Like" icon I would have clicked it.
We do still have it. Look at the top right of the post. Do you see the icons? The one on the right, the thumbs-up icon - that serves as both the "I Like" and "Thank You" icon.

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 am Incidentally, do any of the businesses in Sunee phone the police & call them out when the camel jockeys are disrupting their trade ?
Maybe they do and are duly ignored. But I think it is more likely the businesses in the Sunee Plaza area want as little involvement with the police as possible.

To me the easiest way to stop the motorbike maniacs is also the simplest way - speed bumps. And I mean speed bumps large enough and placed in close enough proximity to each other that they will be forced to drive slowly. Common sense tells me the places to install speed bumps are the places where people are likely to speed and pose a danger to themselves and the public. What better place than the sois around and even within Sunee Plaza?

That idea has been mentioned before and I'm not sure, but I think I recall a letter-to-the-editor several years ago in the Pattaya Mail suggesting it. Of course I'm not exactly shocked that nothing was ever done. Maybe the fact that an innocent tourist was killed by this behavior will induce the city to install speed bumps - but I'm not holding my breath . . .
aussie

Post by aussie »

Business as usual for motorcycle drivers terrorizing anyone who was walking along Soi VC near Sunee on the weekend. Both Thai and the usual suspects driving through and around Sunee bar and walking street area at high speed. Nothing will change here.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm Business as usual for motorcycle drivers terrorizing anyone who was walking along Soi VC near Sunee on the weekend.
Anyone surprised? Why do I think some of those doing that were probably among the same ones who were stopped by the police during that one-night "crackdown."

But remember, it's much more important to make sure to avoid saying anything that some might deem insulting about those nice fellows. I'll be sure to be politically correct as I'm dodging motorbikes while trying to make it down the soi alive . . .

And I'm still waiting for even one post about that behavior from the holier than thou people who decided we are terrible, vile racists.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:42 pm We do still have it. Look at the top right of the post. Do you see the icons? The one on the right, the thumbs-up icon - that serves as both the "I Like" and "Thank You" icon.
For some reason those icons don't appear. Am I doing something stupid?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: But remember, it's much more important to make sure to avoid saying anything that some might deem insulting about those nice fellows. I'll be sure to be politically correct as I'm dodging motorbikes while trying to make it down the soi alive . . .

And I'm still waiting for even one post about that behavior from the holier than thou people who decided we are terrible, vile racists.
Don’t hold your breath they are posters on Sawatdee where the moderator gave into their pressure and buried the same post :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:42 pm We do still have it. Look at the top right of the post. Do you see the icons? The one on the right, the thumbs-up icon - that serves as both the "I Like" and "Thank You" icon.
For some reason those icons don't appear. Am I doing something stupid?
I have no idea why you don't see the icons. Is anyone else having that problem?

Undaunted wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 pm Don’t hold your breath they are posters on Sawatdee where the moderator gave into their pressure and buried the same post :!:
I prefer if anyone has comments about other boards, they get taken to that board rather than this one. I am concerned only with the posts that appear on this board.

But regarding those accusing members of this board of being racists, I know not to bother holding my breath waiting for posts about the behavior of the motorbike maniacs.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm For some reason those icons don't appear. Am I doing something stupid?
The icon is the Thumbs Up signal next to the Quote icon above each post. I see it on Firefox for windows, plus Firefox & Chrome on Android.

As for answering your question, well I have seen icons missing several times on certain sites (can't remember which) & didn't think I was doing anything stupid.

Incidentally, there is no like icon for my own posts & that is exactly how it should be.