Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Post by Dodger »

I think part of the punishment for Arabs who can't follow driving laws should include the reciting of "Alice the Camel" for several straight hours before being released.

Below is an example of a class in session.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The whole problem with foreigners illegally driving motorbikes could be solved very easily, if the driver cannot produce a valid license to drive the bike he is fined and the bike is impounded 'til its owner pays a fine of 10,000 baht......watch things change very quickly :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 pm The whole problem with foreigners illegally driving motorbikes could be solved very easily, if the driver cannot produce a valid license to drive the bike he is fined and the bike is impounded 'til its owner pays a fine of 10,000 baht......watch things change very quickly :!:
The only problem with that is that having a legal driver's license won't stop them from driving like maniacs.

I really like aussie's idea of installing camel humps.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 pm he is fined and the bike is impounded 'til its owner pays a fine of 10,000 baht
How about the actual owner paying 10,000 and the unlicensed driver paying 20,000 plus any impound fees. And the city uses the money to put in the speed bumps. Nobody is going to convince me these people don't know they're doing wrong.

What I don't understand is why the police don't enforce it rigidly until the problem disappears and stays disappeared. They're out there enforcing the helmet laws quite often. What's wrong with enforcing the laws with the motorbike maniacs and the shops that rent the motorbikes to them? And make those same shops fully liable in case of an accident involving an unlicensed driver they rented the motorbike to.

If one of these scumbags injures me to the point I have to receive medical treatment or even be hospitalized, who ends up paying?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pmI think part of the punishment for Arabs who can't follow driving laws
Alternatively, perhaps the authorities should look at some of the punishments dished out in their home countries for inspiration. 60 lashes for example.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:49 pm
Dodger wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pmI think part of the punishment for Arabs who can't follow driving laws
Alternatively, perhaps the authorities should look at some of the punishments dished out in their home countries for inspiration. 60 lashes for example.
This post prompted me to do a little reading on Arabia and I was shocked at what I read. i.e. public hangings, public amputations, lashings, be-headings, stoning, death penalties for being gay, etc. Based on what I'm reading, Arabia really needs to work on their people skills... :lol:
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

An Arab guy that I knew from the condo I used to live in told me most of the camel Jockeys in South Pattaya were Kuwaiti.... This is a post describing what is needed for a foreigner to obtain a license in Kuwait:

Getting Bike in Kuwait is 3rd story. First of all getting Driving license in Kuwait is hell. Getting Bike Driving license is 3rd story.

According to Kuwait Law, To get normal car driving license, the applicant must meet following requirements....
1-----Applicant must be Graduate...
2-----His salary should be above 450KD
3-----His educational documents should be attested from His Country from Ministry of Foreign Affairs..then from the embassy of where he is resident..then from the ministry of interior from the country he is resident.
4-----He can apply for license when his stay is over 2 Years in Kuwait..
5-----if you meet all these requirement..then the last thing is that.. it depends on mood of the person in traffic department... if he don't like.. then he will reject your application whether you are the first person of the day in traffic department..

Traffic law is applicable on expatriate not on Citizens.. ...racism is full in Kuwait...
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:01 pm This post prompted me to do a little reading on Arabia and I was shocked at what I read. i.e. public hangings, public amputations, lashings, be-headings, stoning, death penalties for being gay, etc.
Exactly. That's the way they treat our gay colleagues & other people who don't conform to their standards, yet some people think we're overstepping the mark by calling them Camel Jockeys. I would be more inclined to treat them as they treat us. Respect is only appropriate where it is deserved.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:05 am Respect is only appropriate where it is deserved.
And earned. As far as I'm concerned, this specific group plaguing the Sunee Plaza area has earned only our contempt.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I just looked up the driving penalties in Kuwait which state the following:

The penalty for reckless driving, negligence, that exposes the driver, passengers or others to danger is up to 6 months imprisonment, fine of up to 500 Kuwaiti Dinars (50,700 Thai baht) and 6 month suspension of drivers license.

No wonder they laugh at the laws in Thailand!