Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: Police Bust Sunee Camel Jockeys

Post by a447 »

You need to log on before the "like" icon appears.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 pm Incidentally, there is no like icon for my own posts & that is exactly how it should be.
That's right. The board assumes you like your own post. Otherwise, you wouldn't post it . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 pm That's right. The board assumes you like your own post. Otherwise, you wouldn't post it . . .
Yes, least at the time of posting.
When I refer back after questions are raised, sometimes the old schoolteacher phrase comes to mind "could do better".

Also, I think it's rather bad form to use the "like" function for one's own post as well.
That is for others to decide. Some other forums permit it & one guy started off liking all his own posts.
With my customary lack of tact, I pointed out others should judge his posts. The penny seemed to drop.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 pm The icon is the Thumbs Up signal next to the Quote icon above each post. I see it on Firefox for windows, plus Firefox & Chrome on Android.

I use Safari, which seems to go out of its way to have problems other browsers don't. I do see the icons.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, anything more about icon or any other board problems need to be posted on the "Report board technical problems here #2" topic.

Now let's get back to posting about the...........Whoops! I almost said it . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am Camel Jockeys busted again
Careful. Someone might find your comment offensive . . .

You know what, I don't give a damn if anyone finds it offensive. What I find offensive is these people riding motorbikes like that, continuing to do so, and not giving the first shit about anyone else. I'm far more concerned about the offending they're doing.

And I'm still waiting for even one of the people accusing us of racism to post anything at all critical about the behavior of these people. That hasn't happened.

And if anyone thinks a 2000 baht fine is going to stop them, first please give me 15 minutes to finish having my little laugh.

I do like the idea of making it the responsibility of the rental shops to check to make sure anyone renting a motorbike is holding a valid driving license, but the only way that's going to work will be consistent enforcement. Since that never seems to happen, and police doing nothing about the motorbike maniacs until they get enough complaint calls, what would make anyone think this nonsense will stop?

Again, if the police either cannot, or will not, enforce the same goings on everyone else realizes takes place every night, then the only way I can see to stop them would be speed bumps - large enough and spaced closely enough that they cannot just ignore them and ride right over them at full speed.

In any case, I fully expect the same behavior to be taking place again, probably as soon as tonight.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:25 amAgain, if the police either cannot, or will not, enforce the same goings on everyone else realizes takes place every night, then the only way I can see to stop them would be speed bumps - large enough and spaced closely enough that they cannot just ignore them and ride right over them at full speed.
Maybe they could call them "camel humps" instead of speed bumps :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 pm Maybe they could call them "camel humps" instead of speed bumps :D
They would have to be just about that size to do any good . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:25 am Careful. Someone might find your comment offensive . . .

You know what, I don't give a damn if anyone finds it offensive. What I find offensive is these people riding motorbikes like that, continuing to do so, and not giving the first shit about anyone else. I'm far more concerned about the offending they're doing.
I don't find it remotely offensive.

There are a long list of behaviours by some people originating from that part of the world that I do find offensive. These might range from decapitating anyone they don't like to the obnoxious behaviour of their tourists. Admittedly, they don't have a monopoly on obnoxious tourists, but it is an area they have certainly mastered.
I see no reason to stand up for them, when they sure as hell would not stand up for us.