Three Year Forecast GBP to Thai Baht

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Three Year Forecast GBP to Thai Baht

Post by Jun »

I still don't entirely understand his logic.
Assuming he has a choice of where his money comes from, ie selling the homes or converting more GBP, well if he believes the forecast, the way forward is to convert more GBP, rather than sell the flats.

Also, if the baht had a high probability of appreciating by 40% against the pound in the next 4 years, it would already be there, since you also get higher interest rates for holding baht.
Of course, with the possibility of a looney marxist government in the UK, a that movement is well within the range of possibilities.

In Thailand, any leader like Corbyn would probably be displaced by a coup within 12 months. In the UK, he would be free to try & implement his Venezuela style of government.
whitedesire

Re: Three Year Forecast GBP to Thai Baht

Post by whitedesire »

Very strange, I put my post on another thread before I read this and whilst mine wasn't a prediction and just a pure guess, with a no Brexit deal and strengthening of the Thai baht, it was exactly what I said 27 to 28 but sooner rather than later, if there is no deal. On top of that, the Thai baht's strengthening. You know we could be looking at 20 bht to the UK £ in a few years time. And there's nothing Thailand will do about it!!!!