Finger Print at Thai Airports when entering Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
aussie

Re: Finger Print at Thai Airports when entering Thailand

Post by aussie »

I did the fingerprint exercise at Suvarnabumi yesterday. All fingers and thumbs. No holdups in time. The lady in front of me sneezed on her hands before her fingerprinting was done so this will be a way disease is transfered internationally. I washed my hands straight away afterwards.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

aussie wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 pmThe lady in front of me sneezed on her hands before her fingerprinting was done so this will be a way disease is transfered internationally. I washed my hands straight away afterwards.
That's a very pertinent point. Back in 2003, it was known that the SARS virus could spread by touch. So in Hong Kong where it first appeared, almost all lifts in office buildings now have a soft plastic sheet over buttons on lifts and these are cleaned with disinfectant every 30 minutes.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The finger print machine is just another one of the long list of things that many people touch, such as toilet door handles, vending machine touch screens, doors etc.

I usually pack a small bottle of hand sanitizing gel in the hand luggage, but am not quite as good at actually using it. However, it would be there for the scenario described.