Hotels BKK and Chiang Mai

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Hotels BKK and Chiang Mai

Post by Jun »

Firstly what I said stands, no matter how often I visit Thailand.

New members might have their travel plans influenced by what they read here. So if the new member reads criticism of the gay scene in Chiang Mai, he should know that the same writer has criticised the bars in Boyztown, Jomtien, part of Sunee and Bangkok.

Then the new member can decide for himself if this influences his decisions.
Undaunted wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:20 am Jun you don’t live in Thailand and I don’t think you visit much but for some reason you are fairly obsessed with what goes on here.
I've spent 3 out of the last 12 months in Thailand & it's immediate neighbours, mainly Thailand. That is enough time to assess the places visited. If I'm going to spend 3 months a year in the region and possibly a lot more, it makes sense to take an interest.

In comparison, certain people freely criticize the Bangkok gay bars, but cannot actually confirm if they have visited the bars in the last decade, never mind the last 12 months.

I did stay in the Lanna Lavender Hotel, when it was open approximately 10 years ago. Anyone who thought the Chiang Mai gay scene could sustain a gay hotel on that scale must have been barking mad.
The hotel had on site massage, with some nice boys and a truly dreadful ladyboy in charge. I booked a 90 minute massage. When I went in, I noticed there was a clock showing the incorrect time. Anyway, 30 minutes later, they showed me the clock and told me the 90 minutes was up. I complained to the American guy running the place & was offered a "free" massage.

At the time, the gay scene wasn't anywhere near as good as Bangkok or Pattaya, however it was certainly sufficient to provide evening entertainment after a day of sightseeing.