Beach Road to Get New Drainage Again!

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Beach Road to Get New Drainage Again!

Post by Undaunted »

How many times have I seen Pattaya’s beach road been torn up to improve drainage? I remember the last time deep holes were dug along the road and a child fell into one and was killed, now it begins again :!:

https://www.pattayaone.news/7-months-ro ... each-road/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Re: Beach Road to Get New Drainage Again!

Post by Jun »

Well, if contractors are allowed to do a shoddy job, they can probably make more money AND bid for the work to be done again a few years later.

If backhanders are paid, no doubt the authorities are incentivised to have the work done many times. I guess that's how it is with a Kleptocracy.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

There appears to be little or no accountability as high ranking positions are commonly bought an sold!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Well, I guess it's time for the powers-to-be in Pattaya to re-line their pockets with the money that's supposed to be used to improve drainage.

Maybe they'll replace those tiny plastic pipes they used the last 5 times with a larger diameter garden hose.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I've noticed several recent road drainage projects in Pattaya that are causing detours and traffci congestion.

First, Beach Road as mentioned. I don't know how far north they are going but it starts at Walking street and goes up to 13/4. One and sometimes two traffci lanes are blocked jamming up traffic along Beach Road going into the curve to Pattaya South.

On Sukhumvit around Pattaya Klang, north bound one or more lanes closed. South bound traffic moves along but North bound jams at the traffci light.

On Second Road, the part that goes to Jomtiem from soi Diamond to the curve is one lane one way to Jomtiem only. To return from Jomtiem you have to take 3rd road, cut back on 17 to Yensabi or go up to south. The Songthews take that route now. Third road gets really backed up north bound. In heavy rain this road turns into a lake.

On second road between around Klang it seems to be finished.