MRT New Stations Open Today

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

MRT New Stations Open Today

Post by Trongpai »

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... r-2-months

You now have easy access to Old Bangkok and China Town.
Jun

Re: MRT New Stations Open Today

Post by Jun »

That has to be a huge improvement for anyone wanting to visit China town. This should be much faster than the bus & I have long considered this to be an obvious missing link from the transport system.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Which stop is the China Town stop?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/07/qu ... d-palace/

Quick Tips on how to take the MRT to Chinatown and the Grand Palace

Starting from the end of July, you will be able to ride the MRT underground train to Chinatown, the Grand Palace and under the Chaophraya River to Thonburi.

Blue Line Blue Line for free from Monday 29th July to Saturday 28th September 2019.
However, if you board the train at any of the five stations on the extension it will be free if you only travel between MRT Wat Mangkon and MRT Tha Phra. From 29th September 2019, all eleven stations of the Blue Line extension will be open for service.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The new blue line is not fully operational. It opens at 10am and 4:15pm closes. You have to change trains cross platform at Hualamphong. The train has that new car smell.

I noticed lots of security at their new show Sanam Chai station. Perhaps a reaction to the recent Bangkok bombs. Actually, all BTS and MRT stations have some increased security but at the new station it was very intense.

I don't know when it will be operational for longer hours.
ilz

Post by ilz »

I notice that from exit n°2 in Sanam Chai station, it is only a 300 meters walk to Saranrom Park ; you will then have to walk a 1,3 km circuit around the area where the boys use(d) to hustle in the evening.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

That station is nowhere near as elaborate as some in Moscow.

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

ilz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 am I notice that from exit n°2 in Sanam Chai station, it is only a 300 meters walk to Saranrom Park ; you will then have to walk a 1,3 km circuit around the area where the boys use(d) to hustle in the evening.
Yes, but MRT closes too early. Sararom Park is a late night scene mostly weekends. Christian is the only human I know that actually walked Saranrom generally you drive around it and call them over.

It's not been very active last I took a look, In Jan or Feb. this year. First all the MRT construction had rotating street closures and detours at night, getting there was a challenge. Then they put a bicycle lane all around the park and biking late at night in Bangkok became a thing. Hard to drive at night and avoid bicyclists. You really need to speak at least basic Thai to negotiate this scene.

Then as I've discussed with Christian, you don't really know exactly what you're getting as they are all fully clothed.

A current Saranrom Park update would be nice but that might be more than one can expect from this board or any of the boards.

Another BTS section opened today I see on ch.3

http://www.gregtodiffer.com/finally-a-m ... it-future/
pong

Post by pong »

1.so did I (walk there), perhaps even more as der Chris, but that was mostly when that evening market was still operating (gay+str8 poh for 20 bt each-same DVD as on silom for 100). In fact there is no real news to be reported compared to what you wrote. Some Thai cliam its more busy near end of month, just before payday. Check this out all for yourself.
Again: with about every Thai having a smartfone this type of bisnis is doomed to disappear. In about any of the msg+more shops you will also only discover what you get during the session-both for looks and skills. And skills do not relate with appearance.
2.the Extension NORTH of BTS brings you to the Central Dept.store lard prao (and opposite Union Mall).
3.also to open on experimental base end of this year (likely 5/12) and only IF the promised new cars from China have arrived on time is above ground long extesnion west of purple MRT from BangSue/|TaoPoon toward TaPra (to meet with extension of MRT south there).
pong

Post by pong »

Oh- and about those Mockba metro stops-there are just a few and they are completely outdated and unable to cope with todays masses that throng them. In busy times it may take up to 15 mins to just get out-layout is totally unfit for masses (as are also most of the older LONdon underground stops). Nothing special about those chandeliers and painted glass-mass produced as any of the larger Russky towns that got metro's at that time (all in those 5-year plans) have them all the same. Plus whoever still admires those things in todays world? Even Putin would not have newly opened stops finished that way anymore.