How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by Gaybutton »

The way things are going lately, I think I may have discovered who is taking over the Eros location:

thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Good God. An elderly, ugly drag queen.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

The only existing drag pic of J. Edgar.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:31 am It will be interesting to see where those "anything goes" boys end up - another Pattaya bar? A Bangkok bar? The gay hookup apps? Back to the rice farm?

If anyone gets any information, please let us know.
I noticed one of the boys in Winnerboys and two in Dreamboys yesterday. I also visited Niceboys but no Eros-boys there unfortunately. I had hoped at least they would choose this more sleezy bar to continue their work.
Also, do we know for sure Eros has closed permanently, but not temporarily? If yes, how do we know? Seems like there is something mysterious going on.

There is a post on their Facebook page
That was posted August 5, only a few days ago. Why would that be posted if the bar was about to permanently close? Nothing on their Facebook page indicates anything about closing.
Yes we know because the staff and manager have said for months that they will close soon, the manager Tang has posted on his Facebook that he gives up about a day before the closure, and two boys from there have after the closure confirmed to me that it is closed forever. The interior is also gone as reported. And a bar who refused to do even the smallest cleaning for years are not gonna renovate.

Regarding the Facebook post on Eros site, Eros activities on Facebook has never been in contact with reality in the bar, at least not for the last 5 years. I remember the former german owner posting and posting on FB about "special theme party" etc every week but those never or rarely happened in the bar.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:42 pm Yes we know
I guess that confirms it.

From the moment Crabby and Thomas left Corner Bar Sunee Plaza has slowly been going downhill. It's sad to see this happening, especially for those of us who remember what the Pattaya go-go bar scene used to be. In Sunee Plaza it wasn't all that long ago when there was go-go bar after go-go bar, and even more in the Soi Day-Night area. I can remember when the bars were all crowded every night and you would be lucky to even get a seat. If you had a specific boy you wanted to be certain would be available, you actually had to reserve him.

Those days are long gone, but at least there are still some go-go bars left. But without a solid customer base, who knows how long it will be before even those disappear. I hope that won't happen, but the handwriting certainly seems to be on the wall.

Regarding Eros, who knows? Maybe someone will take it over and restore it to it's sleaziness, but I imagine it would have to be Thai owned to have a chance of getting away with the same kinds of goings on. I don't know of any sleaze bars anywhere in Thailand that can compare to Eros. It was fun while it lasted. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt we're going to see anything like it again.
ChrisUK

Post by ChrisUK »

Just a chink of light in all the doom and gloom: I learnt from staff in Eros on my recent visit over Winter that the current premises were too large and expensive to maintain and that they would be looking for a smaller unit to relocate to within Sunee Plaza.
Sanook; just want to have fun in the sun
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ChrisUK wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm looking for a smaller unit to relocate to within Sunee Plaza.
Let's hope they've found one.
a447

Post by a447 »

ChrisUK wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:32 pm Just a chink of light in all the doom and gloom: I learnt from staff in Eros on my recent visit over Winter that the current premises were too large and expensive to maintain and that they would be looking for a smaller unit to relocate to within Sunee Plaza.
That actually makes some sense.

Then again, I wouldn't like to see the bar a whole lot smaller, as that would mean we'd be way too close to the "activities" of other customers.

Anyway, fingers crossed!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

SP55 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:42 pmI noticed one of the boys in Winnerboys and two in Dreamboys yesterday. I also visited Niceboys but no Eros-boys there unfortunately. I had hoped at least they would choose this more sleezy bar to continue their work.
I agree that Niceboys would be the best place for some of the better looking boys to migrate to, months ago when I knew they would close I told the owner of NB to go and see the boys but I guess he was too damned lazy :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Some of the Eros boys who did not move on to other Sunee Plaza bars might now be in Boystown or Jomtien Complex. If not, if you are interested in finding any of them, then I'd say the place to start looking would be the apps.