Re: How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by Trongpai »

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Friday night Sunee was quiet, likely due to the threat of rain.
a447

Post by a447 »

Even though the writing has been on the wall for some time, when it finally happens it is still a shock.

Eros was an icon and a one of a kind. Sure, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but many of us have had memorable experiences there and have met some truly lovely guys.

Sunee Plaza will never be the same.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I agree totally with you a447! I was in Sunee Saturday evening and so boring without Eros.
belg0001

Post by belg0001 »

I was intending to come to Pattaya beginning next year, especially for Eros. Is there any bar in Bangkok comparable to Eros?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It will be interesting to see where those "anything goes" boys end up - another Pattaya bar? A Bangkok bar? The gay hookup apps? Back to the rice farm?

If anyone gets any information, please let us know.

Also, do we know for sure Eros has closed permanently, but not temporarily? If yes, how do we know? Seems like there is something mysterious going on.

There is a post on their Facebook page that says:
visit EROS at Sunee Plaza and find your companion
Discover a unique experience with boys
your desires are ours.
Eros Boy Bar in Sunee Plaza
That was posted August 5, only a few days ago. Why would that be posted if the bar was about to permanently close? Nothing on their Facebook page indicates anything about closing.

For the sake of Eros fans, I hope it turns out to be temporary after all. I don't foresee another similar bar opening. I have heard that many of the furnishings have been removed. That could mean they are finally renovating, although if that is the case I don't know why some sort of sign hasn't been posted on the door.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Some of the boys, oops I mean dancers, from Eros are now at Winner Bar.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

rocket wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 am C'mon Gaybutton.
People are reporting what they see for themselves. However, if people post that a bar has closed permanently, I'd like them to include how they know.

windwalker wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 am Some of the boys, oops I mean dancers, from Eros are now at Winner Bar.
According to their Facebook page, the actual name of the bar is "Winner boy bar Pattaya". Maybe they'll have to change the name to "Winner Young Adult Male Bar Pattaya". . .

https://www.facebook.com/Winner-boy-bar ... 722831197/
a447

Post by a447 »

rocket wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 am....when in fact they usually are closed temporarily due to LOW season.
I can see your point, but in this case they are removing all the furniture so that suggests they've closed for good - unless they are planning to renovate. Highly unlikely, given that I can not recall any renovations in the past when they were busy every night and actually making money. They didn't even bother to clean the toilets.

If they were just closing to wait for high season, they would not strip out the interior.

The closure was reported by someone on the ground, not a short-time visitor, so I think that carries some weight.

If they've closed for good, there would be no need to post a notice on the door.

I live in hope.