Pools in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Pools in Pattaya

Post by gerefan »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 am My view Condotel is a short walk from Yensabi condo....it has a huge pool....not sure now but before the entrance fee was 80 baht.
Wasn't this the place you told us that you moved out of because of the...how should I put it...locals?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gerefan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am Wasn't this the place you told us that you moved out of because of the...how should I put it...locals?
No comment :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

On the contrary I like my pool cool or even cold. Nothing beats diving into a pool of refreshing cold water after a day in the sun. Any recommendations? Preferably closer to Sunee and offering accommodation.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

werner99 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:37 pm And how about good pools in Bangkok?
I sometimes stay at the Pinnacle in Bangkok, but their pool is a joke!
The pool at Malaysia hotel accepts outsiders (100 THB per day?), and at Goethe Institute you can get membership (800 THB per month?) to use the pool. There are youth centers all over Bangkok, many have a pool. You have to become a member (application with passport picture, passport, medical certificate, 60 THB fee per year), then you can use the pool for 15 THB per day.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

christianpfc wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:29 am
at Goethe Institute you can get membership (800 THB per month?) to use the pool. There are youth centers all over Bangkok, many have a pool. You have to become a member (application with passport picture, passport, medical certificate, 60 THB fee per year), then you can use the pool for 15 THB per day.
ChristianPFC,

Thanks for the information.

I never would have thought that the Goethe Institut would have a swimming pool. ( And while I'm there, I'll look through the library and read some German newspapers and magazines.)

As for the pools at the "youth centers": I hope: (1) that they are NOT full of screaming children; (2) that the pools have some good eye candy, and (3) that the "medical certificate" is not too complicated. Would I be denied admission because of slightly high blood pressure?

I wonder if the Alliance Française in Bangkok also has a swimming pool? Probably not...
aussie

Post by aussie »

gerefan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am
Undaunted wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 am My view Condotel is a short walk from Yensabi condo....it has a huge pool....not sure now but before the entrance fee was 80 baht.
Wasn't this the place you told us that you moved out of because of the...how should I put it...locals?
The Siwalai hotel in the same complex as My View stopped allowing the 'locals" with their noisy motorcycles to book rooms. VCC condo next to My View has stopped taking short term occupants so friends staying there have commented about how quiet it is and the pool is much nicer to use.

The O.P mentioned Unixx where i stayed for more than a year. I stopped swimming in any of the pools there after observing a mainland Chinese "lady' vomit in the larger pool and many other undesirable behaviours mostly from the AirBnb short term residents. I do miss the eye candy from Unixx which is missing from my new abode where no AirBnb is allowed.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

PATTAYA PARK:

The "Eye Candy" at PP always makes it a worth the visit.

Sitting near the bottom of the huge water slide usually pays dividends. The last time I was there I enjoyed watching 2 really cute farang boys who appeared to be brothers going down the slide repeatedly, until the one that I had my eyes glued to lost his speedo's when he hit the water and swam around naked while his brother laughed. Normally, it's the Thais who provide this type of splendor, but I have to admit, these 2 farang boys had the most heads turning on this day. They appeared to be eastern European.

If Eye Candy is your preference, the Cartoon Network Water Park in NaJomtien is probably the best, although I don't normally recommend this because I think the admission price of 1,000 baht (or, 1.200 ?) is a bit over the top. That being said, there is more eye candy there than you can shake your stick at, as well as possibilities for hooking up with a boy (or man) if that's what you're interested in.

Splish Splash
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm If Eye Candy is your preference, the Cartoon Network Water Park in NaJomtien is probably the best
Cartoon Network 1000 baht. Pattaya Park 100 baht. Guess which one where I'll be . . .
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

werner99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:34 pm As for the pools at the "youth centers": I hope: (1) that they are NOT full of screaming children; (2) that the pools have some good eye candy, and (3) that the "medical certificate" is not too complicated. Would I be denied admission because of slightly high blood pressure?

I wonder if the Alliance Française in Bangkok also has a swimming pool? Probably not...
(1) Sometimes. For quiet, go to to Goethe.
(2) Sometimes. That was one of the reasons why I went swimming, but I gave up for lack of cute boys.
(3) No. If you can walk in and out of the doctor's office unassisted, you will get your medical certificate.

Look in google maps satellite view. I did, there is no pool at Alliance Francaise, but at nearby RBSC Polo Club.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Christian PFC,

Thanks for all the useful information about pools and many other matters in Thailand!