Panorama Bar - Boyztown - Reopens

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Panorama Bar - Boyztown - Reopens

Post by Gaybutton »

According to a post by vinapu on the Gay Guides board, Panorama has now reopened under new ownership.

See: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... own-closed
Dodger

Re: Panorama Bar - Boyztown - Reopens

Post by Dodger »

I was having breakfast in Boyztown this morning, and my friend who is a long time waiter at Ambiance, said that Panorama was purchased by Castro Bar and will now be named Castro II. According to him the music was playing very loud at the grand opening and he saw a good number of smiling boys in the mix.

I'm sorry to see Panorama go - but glad to see a new sail set on its bow.

The spirit of Cocobanana lives on!
aussie

Post by aussie »

I was at the "soft" opening last Friday night. Music was not too loud. Beer was very cold which I like. 110 baht for small Leo. No effort was made to provide any snacks or entertainment. It certainly brightened up the previously dark end of the Soi.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:29 pm I'm sorry to see Panorama go
It hasn't really gone. A new owner and new name, but from what I understand it is essentially the same.

"I'm not sorry at all."
- Ben Kingsley (Mahatma Gandhi), 'Gandhi'
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:41 pmA new owner and new name, but from what I understand it is essentially the same.
The name of the bar is mostly irrelevant, although I would have thought keeping Panorama makes sense.

What they do need to do is keep the format of seats facing the street, sensible drinks prices and NO loud music.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm What they do need to do is keep the format of seats facing the street, sensible drinks prices and NO loud music.
Having a dozen cute waiters like they used to have in the old days would be a nice touch as well.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

It’s not the music from Panorama that is the problem.

It’s BBB that turns up their huge outdoor speakers and deafen anyone in any of the bars opposite...and from 7.30 on...way before they even open.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Dodger wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:35 am
Jun wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm What they do need to do is keep the format of seats facing the street, sensible drinks prices and NO loud music.
Having a dozen cute waiters like they used to have in the old days would be a nice touch as well.
I mentioned this to friends after I saw that the old Panorama staff were still working at the bar. The reply was "from where?" as the cute Thais are rarely interested in working as waiters in the bars anymore. This is evident at Jomtiem Complex where the majority are Laos and Cambodians.