Upmarket Brothel opens Next to Friendship Market

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Upmarket Brothel opens Next to Friendship Market

Post by Undaunted »

For what seems like a couple years a new 120 room building has been constructed and has opened next to Pattaya’s Friendship supermarket. Today myself and a friend went to check it out. The lobby is huge and elegant, as you enter the entire left side is red velvet type stadium seating for “sexy girls“ with a large circular bar in the middle, upon inquiring we were told you can take a girl to one of the 120 rooms for 2000 baht for 1 hour all inclusive, It is billed as a massage place :!: Frankly, in all my years in L.O.S. I’ve not seen anything like this. I’m not quite sure if this is in line with Pattaya’s new image as being a family destination.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Re: Upmarket Brothel opens Next to Friendship Market

Post by windwalker »

There is also a 7-11 situated on the premises.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:49 pm There is also a 7-11 situated on the premises.
Convenient however, upon asking I was assured condoms were included in the 2000 charge.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

What's even stranger is that this huge building had a different name posted on the sign in front up until a week ago when they changed the sign, and apparently the venue, to a massage castle. I wonder how long it will be until another sign is hanging there?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:50 pm I’m not quite sure if this is in line with Pattaya’s new image as being a family destination.
I suppose that would depend on which family - the Manson family perhaps. Somehow I don't see it as being the type of place where couples are going to take the children.

I wonder how many customers they'll get. 2000 baht per hour seems awfully steep for Pattaya.

What's the name of this place?

Dodger wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:42 pm I wonder how long it will be until another sign is hanging there?
Considering the prudish powers-that-be in Pattaya, don't be surprised if that sign will say "For Sale".

If there is no problem about allowing it to remain open, who knows? Maybe next they'll allow gay go-go bars in Jomtien Complex.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:30 pm What's the name of this place
If memory serves me correctly it is Grand Massage. The building is huge, the two men dressed in formal attire spoke English one was Thai one was Indian the sign is in English and Chinese. Something of this magnitude could never operate without its existence known by the B.I.B.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm Something of this magnitude could never operate without its existence known by the B.I.B.
Unless the right people were provided with an enormous amount of tea, what all too often happens is millions of baht is poured into a structure and then, after it's complete and operating, the powers-that-be find some reason to shut it down, order it dismantled, or both. I can see that possibly happening.

Even if nothing like that happens, I just don't see 2000 baht per hour, and probably plus tips, attracting loads of customers. Maybe they'll con the Chinese tourist hordes into laying out 2000 baht. If there is plenty of parking space for the tour buses, that could very well be what this place has in mind. We'll see.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I would think 2000 baht per hour all inclusive really does mean all inclusive. If their target market includes Chinese, Indians etc, then I'm sure they will grasp the idea of "all inclusive".

As for being family friendly, if this took some of the business away from the open air hostess bars and had a relatively discrete frontage, then I would suggest it IS more family friendly, as it's behind closed doors.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm
Something of this magnitude could never operate without its existence known by the B.I.B.[/quote]

...or owned by the BIB.

I think they'd have a better chance at staying open if they had a place with 12 rooms versus 120. And why would anyone want to pay 2,000 baht for an hour, when they can have a bar girl in bed with them for an entire evening for just a tad more. The fact that "All Inclusive" could translate to nothing more than a hand job is also going to be a tough sell.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

If they don't have guys, who cares?