The DongTarn beach project is finished. Enjoy!

Anything and everything about Thailand
mahjongguy

The DongTarn beach project is finished. Enjoy!

Post by mahjongguy »

This may not be news to some but it was to me. Usually I just walk in as far as the Rabbit Resort but this morning I went all the way to land's end, and it's impressive. It's long been a bit decrepit past the rescue station but it cleaned up really well.

Sorry I didn't have a camera with me but you can trust me that this is the perfect place for a carefree bike ride or healthy round trip stroll. Better yet, walk in from the police station to the end, then through your choice of sois in Pratumnak to the top of the hill at Thrappraya. See the Russian ghetto. :)
deanagam

Re: The DongTarn beach project is finished. Enjoy!

Post by deanagam »

I was there last week, but unfortunately the public toilet wasn't ready for beachgoers, yet.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

It's a mystery and a scandal. Both bathrooms were completed a year ago but there's something wrong with them and there's been no apparent change since.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The road has been completed for several months. The beach is closed to through vehicular traffic from 10:00am to 5:00 pm. Outside those hours you can drive your car or motorbike from the police station to Pratumnak. Nobody seems to know why the restrooms haven't opened.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm The beach is closed to through vehicular traffic from 10:00am to 5:00 pm. Outside those hours you can drive your car or motorbike from the police station to Pratumnak.
If someone drives a car and parks at the beach before 10:00am, but wants to leave before 5:00pm, can he drive the car out or does he have to wait for 5:00pm?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm If someone drives a car and parks at the beach before 10:00am, but wants to leave before 5:00pm, can he drive the car out or does he have to wait for 5:00pm?
No entry, no parking between 10-5, I suppose one would risk risk a fine and/or car booted. Exception is Thai holidays when the gates are opened.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:38 am no parking between 10-5
That answers my question. No parking. Good. People won't have to be dodging cars.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Up2u wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm Nobody seems to know why the restrooms haven't opened.
I was told by Mr Ritt (Orange Chairs) that the " City Toilet Inspector" would not issue a permit for the new toilet because it did not have air venting. There's Toilet Inspectors in Thailand?

Don't try to understand or figure it out.

BBInn and Aquarius let you used their toilet for 5B at BB and 10 Aquarius.