Tracking Tourist's through Cell Phones

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Tracking Tourist's through Cell Phones

Post by Dodger »

It looks like Thailand is considering tracking tourists by making it mandatory for tourist's to have SIm cards installed in their mobile phones which have permanent tracking capabilities so they can know where tourist's are at all times.

The first question that comes to mind is, if a tourist wanted to "overstay" and avoid being tracked, they could simply toss their mobile phone.

The second question is, what if a tourist doesn't have a mobile phone.

In any event, here's a link which covers this:

https://time.com/4446059/thailand-touri ... -tracking/
@DM

Re: Tracking Tourist's through Cell Phones

Post by @DM »

the article in the link is from 2016. I recall the idea was tossed about but then dropped.
Gaybutton

Re: Tracking Tourist's through Cell Phones

Post by Gaybutton »

@DM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am the article in the link is from 2016.
Thank you very much. I had not noticed that.

Folks, if you are going to post articles, please check the date and make sure the article is current. A 3 year old article about something that never happened has zero relevance. Please make sure about what you're posting.

This is not the first time this has happened. From now on, if I discover (or any of you do and lets me know about it) that an article or link is not current, I will delete it - as I will do with this one tomorrow after most of you have had time to read this.

I have already deleted the response posts that were submitted by people, including me, who did not realize they were reading a 3 year old article.

For now, topic closed.