Sexual Orientation

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
RichLB

Sexual Orientation

Post by RichLB »

Today at the beach we had an interesting "what if" discussion. I'm curious what others here might think. Imagine if everyone were brought up in a world where gay sex and str8 sex were both not burdened by social values - in a world where the choice of having sex with a guy or a girl would be as important as ordering a hot dog or a hamburger. How do you think sexual behavior would change? Would there be more gay sex, would it be about the same as exists now, would people be bisexual, or what?
pong

Re: Sexual Orientation

Post by pong »

Well- me thinks you have chosen the right country then- Thailand would spring to my mind as best example of what would happen.
Or the historybooks about the paradise lost seamen found in the 18th/19th century far away in the Pacific-like Tahiti and the like, before the missionaries came there.
You forget to mention the attitudes of the female half of society in that respect-would they go after any occasion available?
bbillybb

Post by bbillybb »

I would think there would be more boy/boy girl /girl sex since there are no boundaries. No one would be held off from approaching another if they wanted to hook up. That is what happens in FANTASY LAND. Back in the real world, well I guess the closets still have doors.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

My guess would be that Undaunted would be in heaven as many more "straight" guys would be more openly willing to "blur the lines."

:mrgreen: Grimmy
kenc

Post by kenc »

RichLB wrote:Today at the beach we had an interesting "what if" discussion. I'm curious what others here might think. Imagine if everyone were brought up in a world where gay sex and str8 sex were both not burdened by social values - in a world where the choice of having sex with a guy or a girl would be as important as ordering a hot dog or a hamburger. How do you think sexual behavior would change? Would there be more gay sex, would it be about the same as exists now, would people be bisexual, or what?
We've seen this expieriment before. It was called Ancient Greece. :ugeek:
bbillybb

Post by bbillybb »

Ahh..ancient greece...now thats a place to bring my time machine to..of course I will be a rich senator or some such so i could have those luxuries and freeedoms that seemed to abound at that time..now where is my bath water?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Being rich during any period in history definitely would make it a life of luxury with whatever you want.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Being rich during any period in history definitely would make it a life of luxury with whatever you want.
That's true, but in ancient Greece boys were actually encouraged to engage in homosexuality with older men before getting married. Seems like a happy place to me. And I'll bet there was nothing like off fees or tips . . .