Save 390 profiles on gayromeo

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
christianpfc

Save 390 profiles on gayromeo

Post by christianpfc »

I just had a look at gayromeo and I found "Stored 310/390", which means I can now save 390 profiles instead of 310 (which was never enough). Thank you, GayRomeo!
penguin

Re: Save 390 profiles on gayromeo

Post by penguin »

Why on earth would you want to store that many?
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

I think he wants to be a Papasan...and share!
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

There are people who collect stamps, others collect coins, and I collect profiles of boys that I might wish to meet. I even have a list of names of profiles I made when I couldn't save any more profiles. Problem is: some owners like to change the name of their profile or delete their profile, then I won't find them any more. It's more or less pointless, but what else can I do while in Europe?

I checked on GayRomeo: the fees for subscription as plus-user increased, but they increased the number of photos you can post and the number of profiles you can save as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:I even have a list of names of profiles I made when I couldn't save any more profiles.
The solution to that is very simple. Just register with a second screen name. Now you can save 390 more profiles. When you fill that, register a third screen name and save 390 more . . .
penguin

Post by penguin »

The solution to that is very simple. Just register with a second screen name. Now you can save 390 more profiles. When you fill that, register a third screen name and save 390 more . . .
Ah ... but the problem might then arise on, say, profile number 7, that you see a profile that you like and decide to store it, not realising that it is in fact your own profile number 2, and then you see a face and think 'that handsome chap looks vaguely familiar' and you store it, not realising that it is your own profile number 1, so that you start using up the storage space created by your new profiles to store what are in fact those same new profiles, and this nightmare of self perpetuating obsessional behaviour continues unabated until Gay Romeo is swamped with 15.87 million profiles, 15.84 million of which are actually the same person, and at some point critical mass is achieved and the entire internet is swamped and disabled, becoming effectively christianpfc's little black book. (Of doom).
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

penguin wrote:not realising that it is in fact your own profile number
And I could start writing messages to myself from profile x to profile y! And then wonder, why the other guy does not come when we want to meet.

No, I have only one profile and when I can't store any more profiles, I either write the names down or delete a stored profile (if the new profile I want to store is more important).
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

It didn't last long, saving a profile here or there, now my 390 profiles are full again.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

christianpfc wrote:It didn't last long, saving a profile here or there, now my 390 profiles are full again.
Not to disparage anyone's intentions, but amassing so many profiles in the hopes of meeting just one more attractive profile until every last gay romeo profile has been assessed-- leads me to believe one can never be satisfied. Is it a never-ending search for Mr. Thai Boy Perfect or an insatiable appetite? What happens when the seams burst? I am beginning to see a pattern. I say more power to you, regardless if it's a statistic on tattooed boys in bars, or GR profiles, and it is only an obsession if carried to an extreme. If you can handle it, fine-- carry on.

I think it is a very healthy attitude to want to meet new people. Why not use the tools at hand to this end? The only problem is the sheer numbers, the accounting, the data in the motherlode of all gay thai boy databases-- GR. Enough to make your head spin, I would think.