Former RNC Chairman finally comes out.

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Jomtienbob

Former RNC Chairman finally comes out.

Post by Jomtienbob »

Another profile in courage. LOL

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/0 ... riage.html

BC's Z. Byron Wolf reports:

A former chairman of the Republican National Committee and political director for President George W. Bush has told a journalist he is gay.

Ken Mehlman was political director in the White House in 2004, when Republicans and the White House used their position opposing gay marriage to great affect.

Now, Mehlman tells Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic that he will take part in a fundraiser in support of gay marriage in September.

"It's taken me 43 years to get comfortable with this part of my life," Mehlman told Ambinder. "Everybody has their own path to travel, their own journey, and for me, over the past few months, I've told my family, friends, former colleagues, and current colleagues, and they've been wonderful and supportive. The process has been something that's made me a happier and better person. It's something I wish I had done years ago."

Mehlman also told Ambinder he wished he had done more to bring the Republican party into the gay community.

"What I do regret, and think a lot about, is that one of the things I talked a lot about in politics was how I tried to expand the party into neighborhoods where the message wasn't always heard. I didn't do this in the gay community at all,” he said.

Read Ambinder’s story here.