Benidorm

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
whitedesire

Benidorm

Post by whitedesire »

I recently went to Benidorm for a short holiday. Here's the lowdown.

A typical Blackpool with Palm Trees is how I would describe it. Mixed ages, from mid 20s to 90, lots of elderly people on holiday there, even with mobility scooters. The bars are full during the day time on the beach front with shirtless guys and their scantily dressed girlfriends, known as Levante Beach. The beach I used was Poniente Beach, which was family orientated but no bars etc.

I stayed near at a friendly hotel near Pontiente Beach, and there was supposed to be a section for "people like us" but way out (as usual), I never did venture to find it, as it was May time, it was probably not peak season.

The bars were heavily PR'd as were other places, but when one visited them, I found them to be tiny bars as such with just 5 or 6 people in them if you were lucky. A few bars had a fair crowd in them, Saturday nights were also a little more popular. Bars were mainly located in the old town of Benidorm.

The local sauna was heavily PR'd, so I thought it would be great, it was very disappointing, took me back to the 70's, however, there was one person in there, who was gorgeous, need I say no more, there wasn't even any competition for me, it was a winner.

Food was home from home, loads of English stuff, and I mean English, it was more English than England. A breakfast with tea set me back just 4 euros, so it is cheap in Benidorm. As are the bars, a pint costs anything from 1.50 to 4 euros, and it only costs 4 euros if you go to 4 a.m. closing bars.

Trade - well lots of older English guys there, as well as a few older local guys, and that was it basically. I suspect one could use the internet and a few local trollettes.

I do believe the new part of Benidorm was different, but I couldn't be bothered.

My rating 3 out of 10.

I went there for the sunshine which was great, but I don't think I will be visiting
TheCornerBar

Re: Benidorm

Post by TheCornerBar »

What is PR'd? Where is Benidorm?
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

TheCornerBar wrote:What is PR'd? Where is Benidorm?
I believe promotioned and it is in spain.
whitedesire

Post by whitedesire »

Yes, PR is public relations, i.e. advertising, Benidorm is on the Costa Blanca in Spain, near Alicante and on the Mediterrean.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

whitedesire wrote:I recently went to Benidorm for a short holiday. Here's the lowdown.

A typical Blackpool with Palm Trees is how I would describe it. Mixed ages, from mid 20s to 90, lots of elderly people on holiday there, even with mobility scooters. The bars are full during the day time on the beach front with shirtless guys and their scantily dressed girlfriends, known as Levante Beach. The beach I used was Poniente Beach, which was family orientated but no bars etc.

I stayed near at a friendly hotel near Pontiente Beach, and there was supposed to be a section for "people like us" but way out (as usual), I never did venture to find it, as it was May time, it was probably not peak season.

The bars were heavily PR'd as were other places, but when one visited them, I found them to be tiny bars as such with just 5 or 6 people in them if you were lucky. A few bars had a fair crowd in them, Saturday nights were also a little more popular. Bars were mainly located in the old town of Benidorm.

The local sauna was heavily PR'd, so I thought it would be great, it was very disappointing, took me back to the 70's, however, there was one person in there, who was gorgeous, need I say no more, there wasn't even any competition for me, it was a winner.

Food was home from home, loads of English stuff, and I mean English, it was more English than England. A breakfast with tea set me back just 4 euros, so it is cheap in Benidorm. As are the bars, a pint costs anything from 1.50 to 4 euros, and it only costs 4 euros if you go to 4 a.m. closing bars.

Trade - well lots of older English guys there, as well as a few older local guys, and that was it basically. I suspect one could use the internet and a few local trollettes.

I do believe the new part of Benidorm was different, but I couldn't be bothered.

My rating 3 out of 10.

I went there for the sunshine which was great, but I don't think I will be visiting
Should have gone to Sitges WT. :lol:
pong

Post by pong »

lexusgs wrote:Should have gone to Sitges WT.
Not at that time of year. Not dead-but nearly too. maybe the odd lively weekend when the Barcelonites decide on some fun.
Around early july Benidorm makes an immense transformation for the summer season-then suddenly all the OAPs disappear and the unruly young outonadrinkingbinge set arrives. Prices will be doubled and any fragile item removed from HTls etc. This lasts till early september, when it gets reversed again.
My mum used to go there for winter-6 or 8 weeks, in a bus. ""do not call me-if you hear nothing everything is allright'' and it always turned out to be that way. But now she is even too old for that.
In Espana Madrid is said to have a very good lively gay scene.