Gay Sauna in Paris: Sun City

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Sunday (05.06.2011), I went to Sun City in Paris (http://www.suncity-paris.fr/suncity/index_site.htm), according to http://sexo.paperblog.fr/1932257/5-saun ... bsolument/ the largest gay sauna in Europe.

I estimate the size is comparable to Chakran in Bangkok. However Sun City is completely indoors. The decoration is in Indian style, with paintings from the Kama Sutra on the walls. I was there about 5pm to 9pm. Opening times are 12 to 6am. There's is no public transport in Paris between 1am and 5am, therefore discos and other late night venues open till dawn so you can stay until public transport starts again.

It was well visited and people were coming and going all the time. There were mainly Europeans (age range estimated 30-60), about 10 Asians and about 15 Blacks. A few Arabs and Indians as well. None of the Europeans or Asians was my type, but one of the blacks had a wonderful physique (slim and tall and a nice butt as far as I could see the shape through the towel, I missed him by few seconds in the public shower), wonderful brown skin and a tolerable amount of facial hair. A lovely sight from the back (I like shoulders, backs and waists). I tried to make eye contact and followed him a few times, but he didn’t seem interested. There was one European who had Thai words tattooed across his chest, but I was to shy to ask him if I can have a read (on the other hand, I’m not to shy to have sex with complete strangers, isn’t this strange?). Most people walk around in towels, only a few in underwear. In pool and Jacuzzi naked. Languages spoken were French and English.

There were the same areas as in gay Saunas in Thailand: locker room, pool, jacuzzi, gymnasium, steam room (or rather Hammam - oriental steam bath), labyrinth with dark rooms and a bar. There was a small cinema. There were movies in the labyrinth as well, they did not play National Geographic. There I saw a “glory hole” for the first time in my life (I didn’t look for glory holes in Thai saunas, I will check next time). After walking around for a while, I felt some heat radiate from the wall, and there was the sauna. In the labyrinth and the steam room, some kissing, hugging and sucking took place. Apart from a different clientele, once you are inside it is like the gay saunas I visited in Thailand.

There were dispensers for condoms and lube mounted on the walls, and the key for the locker had a velcro fastener to strap it around your arm or leg and a pocket for condom (this pocket is useful to put the key in it, so it doesn’t make sounds when you move). There were several free gay publications, which are more explicit that what I’m used to from Thailand and have a lot more kinky stuff. There is a room for smoking and there were notes that prohibit prostitution (and ask customers to report it to the management who will call the police).

Here some prices (1EUR = 44THB). Entry 20EUR (880THB, that’s right, you can almost get a short-time in Thailand for that money, but for research I don’t shy expenses; a bit cheaper on weekdays and for under 25 year olds), public transport from suburb 3,40EUR, water 1EUR (0,5L, there are dark-skinned people who have a bucket with ice-water and water bottles in it, like in Thailand), I saw people who sold roses at Montmartre, 5min Taxi ride about 10EUR, 30km Taxi ride about 60EUR.
christianpfc

Re: Gay Sauna in Paris: Sun City

Post by christianpfc »

They even have Tuk-tuks in Paris:

<joke start>
On my first visit I saw things that were disgusting, abominable and nauseating.
I went there again the following weekend.
<joke end>

This time, I stayed from 22pm to 2am. When I left, there were still plenty of customers, so there is a market for opening times the entire night (I know there are some Thai for Thai saunas in Bkk that open till morning, but the most famous gay saunas in Bkk close around midnight and people start to leave at 11pm). Now I can state more precisely my oberservations from the first visit: there is a lot more action going on than in Thai saunas I visited, and it’s in the open (steam room, public shower). Two start and it becomes a group sex orgy, and everyone can join or at least watch.

Some more observations:
The doors of the cabins have a large gap on the bottom, on one, there was a pair of feet protruding and moving rhythmically to and fro.
When you fart in the jacuzzi, nobody notices.
I now have an idea what the slimy matter on the floor I sometimes step in might be.
I saw a glory hole in operation, it’s exactly for what I thought it was for: not for shaking hands.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The sauna in Paris doesn't sound that great.

The former "Club Sauna Brasil" in Berlin used to be very good.
In addition to all the middle aged customers, there would often be a few cute guys in their 20s and also a large number of rent boys. The rent boys usually wore swimming trunks rather than towels.
Not only did the rent boys guarantee there would be attractive people to look at, but they also provided a good option if you're struggling to find a nice non-working customer.

Now it's been re-branded as "Apollo Splash Club" & all the rent boys have been kicked out. Also, no other cute customers at all on my last visit.
http://www.apollosplashclub.de/fotogalerie.html
pong

Post by pong »

christianpfc wrote:They even have Tuk-tuks in Paris:
They also run tuktuks-even more looking as their Thai mothermodels, in many other Europ. cities, like Amsterdam. Most likely another case of "uberp"unktlich vom T"UV''? in DE? In fact in Amsterdam they even do those man-powered bike models, as they do in many Polish tourist towns. No Thai prices on them, though!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:The sauna in Paris doesn't sound that great.
The Continental Baths very close to the front of the old Palais Garnier Opera used to be a fabulous sauna. Huge, on different levels, with a large underground swimming pool, bars, cafes, acres of cruising space and lots more. I went only twice in the early 1980s and was amazed at the place - and had hugely enjoyable times with some of the many Asians who were often there.