Singapore

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Keyvan

Singapore

Post by Keyvan »

I have just visited Singapore for a very short budget-oriented [as far as that is possible in Singapore!] visit. I stayed at The Queen Resident 'Hotel', which is attached to a 24 hour sauna.

I had a King Room @ $S75.00 per night, very basic room with a 'just' double bed, old iron frame but surprisingly fitted with a comfortable mattress. There was an old fridge [large] a cupboard with doors almost falling off, and an excellent free wi-fi connection. Sort of air-conditioned! There is an A/c in the narrow corridor and reversed exhaust fans over each bedroom door to draw the cool air inside...it actually works!

As my sole purpose for being in Singapore [visa run from Indonesia] was to eat, drink and have fun for a couple of days, as cheaply as possible, the room was purely for the daily email accesses and sleeping, so it was adequate this time.

In fact daily runs to Raffles City for lunch [best sandwiches ever at the basement bread/sandwich shop..$10 but worth it!] and associated activities [just for a look on ground, 1st and 2nd floors, action on basement 2 and 3 floors], back to QR for a quick look to see/feel who is in the Maze/Dark Room, the off to Chinatown [5 mins walk or one stop on MRT from Outram Park to Chinatown [and mandatory stop at that amazing station facility!] for Overpriced [compared to Bali] Cantonese food in the usual filthy footpath restaurants with lousy service that are always FULL, although mostly with loud tourists drinking their large Tigers! Then to the relative peace of early Backstage, watching the arrivals [management must have had a change of heart...the miniature facility on the terrace for years had a 'forest' between the two urinals, now open space...is that an invitation to explore?

Sleep at QR is difficult as whenever you awake you are tempted to throw on a towel, go down 2 flights in the lift and re-explore what is around...it really operates 24 hours! After a brief encounter then a deep sleep seems to follow, till next time!
http://www.queenresident.com/rooms.html