I Couldn't Be More Proud of Canada

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Doug

I Couldn't Be More Proud of Canada

Post by Doug »

There was a state funeral in Canada today for the recently deceased leader of the opposition, Jack Layton. Even though opposition leaders have never been granted a state funeral before, prime minister Harper believed that Jack's life contribution to the public good deserved such recognition.

The Toronto population came out in droves to honour Jack. Roy Thompson Hall was packed including the governal general, the prime minister and many of his cabinet, 2 former prime ministers and many vips.

But here's why I'm proud. The ceremony was led by Rev. Brett Hawks from a small Toronto church. In his remarks he mentioned that he was asked many times if he would be nervous in front of such dignitaries and a country wide TV audience. He said he was more nervous meeting the parents of his husband for the first time. That's no mistake. The reverand is gay and happily married. And no one seemed to bat and eye.

You go Canada!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... neral.html
gearguy

Re: I Couldn't Be More Proud of Canada

Post by gearguy »

If only the US could be even a little bit more like Canada!