Manila tips & info

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
bkklove

Manila tips & info

Post by bkklove »

I read in another topic that someone was bored of his trips to Thailand and I feel the same. I booked a ticket to manila for the end of November.

I'm looking for any information about gay life in manila. I especially like gay disco where guys (money boy or not) can be picked up.

Any information about hotels where joiners are no problem is welcome. I hear that it's hard to find good cheap hotels but maybe someone has some secrets to share :-)

I don't like gay romeo I might add.

Thanks for all you want to share.
Beamster

Re: Manila tips & info

Post by Beamster »

Probably the best source of reasonably up-to-date Manila related information is to be found in Shamelessmack's blog.

http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/

Do a search for Manila entries
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

thanks for the link. This blogger seems to be into Massages and his post don't say much about Hotels, clubs and such.

Im looking to rent a room/apartment for a week in February instead of November.

If you have some recommendations, please.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

bkklove wrote: I don't like gay romeo
martin911 wrote: Just use Gay romeo --there are 6/700 on there at any time
Looks like great info Martin - thanks.

Why not give Gay Romeo another whirl bkklove. . . ?
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

Great info Martin..TNX.

I have booked for TET holidays and will be staying a week. Those hotels you've mentioned are probably a little bit out of my budget. I'm trying to go on short breaks on a monthly basis but have to keep an eye on my budget. The bar information you gave is awesome. I just hope that BED has recovered from their tragic fire in a couple of months time.

I am booked in Broadway Court, they told me joiner are no problem. Have you heard of it Martin?

Rogie,:

I might not have been totally clear about what I meant with Gayromeo. I can see the value of a site like that. It's great to hook-up and there seems to be an unlimited supply of boys. However, and I just spoke about this with a friend of mine, I'm looking for another trill. You can compare it with a hunter or a sport fisher. I'm sure they wouldn't like to go online and order a lion or a fish. They like to get out their and hunt or fish. That's also a reason that go go bars are not my thing. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I like the DRINK and CHASE. Just a little bit of looking, flirting, signaling and the occasional strike out... hahaha. Weird thing about this is that I don't mind if they guy I end up with is a money boy. As long as it didn't feel that way.

To me, Gayromeo is a site for hook -ups, which is great when your horny :-)

Common guys...more info welcome.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

bkklove wrote:I might not have been totally clear about what I meant with Gayromeo. I can see the value of a site like that. It's great to hook-up and there seems to be an unlimited supply of boys. However, and I just spoke about this with a friend of mine, I'm looking for another trill. You can compare it with a hunter or a sport fisher. I'm sure they wouldn't like to go online and order a lion or a fish. They like to get out their and hunt or fish. That's also a reason that go go bars are not my thing. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I like the DRINK and CHASE. Just a little bit of looking, flirting, signaling and the occasional strike out... hahaha. Weird thing about this is that I don't mind if they guy I end up with is a money boy. As long as it didn't feel that way.
To me, this sounds like a very profound statement. It summarizes much of my own feelings exactly, thank you very much. I do like go-go, but see an awful lot of value in your post. A very logical approach, think. I may borrow your words from time to time for inspiration on those lonely nights, even here in Farangland which is more like a zoo than a safari, since the animals are all stir-crazy. When I get out of here, I'll save the lions for you. Now where did I put that elephant gun?
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

thaiworthy wrote:... even here in Farangland which is more like a zoo
U best remember the rules about feeding inhabitants of zoos...
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

martin911 wrote:Sorry Bkk i dont know that hotel --what area is it in ??,

I get what you mean about the chase !!!!!--then you will l LOVE the 3 bars in malate for sure --They are proper dance clubs,not moneyboy/gogo places --

Obar is small --and all mirrors ,you are constantly facing guys across the floor ,the making eye contact ,the guys "backing " into you dancing,flirting above the music ---all this is SOOO far removed from the scenc in Thailand
me too i just love being a hunter ----the thrill of hooking up with a guy --words cant express

another good place is something called Bigfish--they put on dj events about every 3 months (next on oct 1 )----plenty of gay guys there partying

Im telling you once you encounter Manila u will love it --as i said before i meet a good gut on my first visit,and he showed me the scene ,if im around the same time as you il show u around if u like
One thing is sure martin, you've made me feel pretty good about my decision to got to Manila. I actually feel bad about my decision to go to Jakarta first in November hahaha little spoiled i think. I'm planning on starting a Jakarta tips & info thread soon.

I've been getting so much information lately that i forgot the deal with this hotels location. http://www.broadwaycourt.com/page.php?comp=com_map

Maybe you can have a look and tell me if I'm in a reasonable distance of these places. The Php 9,500 that I have to pay for my week's stay sounds like a very good deal, but I guess you never know.

I'll be there Around TET that's in the beginning of February and would be happy with a grand tour :-)