VIETNAM LINKS & INFO

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Jun

VIETNAM LINKS & INFO

Post by Jun »

Post any Vietnam information here.

This looks interesting: http://www.gogoclub.com.vn/indexE.htm
monsoon

Re: VIETNAM LINKS & INFO

Post by monsoon »

Those are some seriously hot guys, I may have to add Hanoi to my travel plans!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

monsoon wrote:Those are some seriously hot guys, I may have to add Hanoi to my travel plans!!!
I agree! What on earth were we ever doing at war with these people?
One time I asked that same question while talking with some doormen outside one of bars. His answer was, "Before boxing. Now fucking."
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

monsoon wrote:Those are some seriously hot guys, I may have to add Hanoi to my travel plans!!!
I was in Hanoi for a short trip in June. My gay guide was wonderfully cute (alas, into young guys!) and pointed out all the gay places. There is loads of eye candy but the scene is still small as most of the northern Vietnamese are very much in the closet. Not much happens mid-week, so plan your trip to cover a week-end.
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

Ho chi min city clubs/bars

Up to date info:
Vila - 100% gay but crazy expensive. prices for drinks are equal or more than in Pattaya's go go bars. the bar is very very small and there's a lot of sticky rice out there. Personal Ill never visit that place again.

Q bar - frequented by many young gays on Saturdays and Fridays ( they seemed to have banned the younger ex Ben Thanh crowed) and is more an after hours joint. You find most boys hanging around the dance floor.Beware that after hours in Vietnam means starting around 12/1 A.M. it's open before that time, and busy too, but the gay crowed seems to come later.

Might be Outdated info:

Apocalypse - used to have many gays and some of them were freelancers
Lush - lush used to be frequented by many gays but I haven't been there in a very long time. Only busy weekends and the gay section is on the second floor.

find address here: http://www.utopia-asia.com/saigbars.htm
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

If you go to Hanoi don't miss taking a sampan trip on Ha Long Bay. It is not a gay venue, (take a boy with you) but one that is highly recommended.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

lvdkeyes wrote:If you go to Hanoi don't miss taking a sampan trip on Ha Long Bay. It is not a gay venue, (take a boy with you) but one that is highly recommended.
Or, if the budget is higher, stay overnight on one of the hotel/houseboats and watch the dawn.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I wasn't clear in my post. That's what I meant. I have done it twice and enjoyed it both times. The meals and staff couldn't have been better, let alone the amazing scenery.
Jun

Post by Jun »

lvdkeyes wrote:If you go to Hanoi don't miss taking a sampan trip on Ha Long Bay. It is not a gay venue, (take a boy with you) but one that is highly recommended.
When taking a boy to Ha Long bay, where do you pick him up? Somewhere in Hanoi? Or Thailand?

I would be wary of taking someone from Thailand as any extended trip in Vietnam will mean some hotels without room safes.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Jun wrote:I would be wary of taking someone from Thailand as any extended trip in Vietnam will mean some hotels without room safes.
I don't understand this statement. Are you saying a Thai boy is less trustworthy?