The going rate for prostitution around the world

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
ceejay

Re: The going rate for prostitution around the world

Post by ceejay »

Interesting - actually I'm English. I picked th term "Johnson" up from an American friend, born in Connecticut, who now lives in Texas. Oh well, you live and learn :oops:
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Jun wrote:Then expressing the going freelance rate as a proportion of the national daily average gdp:
Berlin - 0.45 ~1 days gdp
UK 1.3
Prague 1.28
Thailand 2.74
That's an interesting approach! But you didn't stress (this information is hiddenin "national") that it's local to local. But I come as a tourist, so when I pay 1000 Baht for short time that's around 0.25 of my daily gdg (back in Europe).

Thomas, Johnson, Ho, 30-06? It would be nice if those who use regional slang terms could tell us others what they mean. Otherwise I constantly have to skip those terms or check everything in urbandictionary or elsewhere online.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The generic terms sometimes used in the USA are John Thomas and Woody Johnson for the male member. Perhaps not common but well known to me.
However the post by Corner Bar was referring to "Thomas" the ward of the owner, Mr. Michael, and not the male member, or at least not that male member. The 30-06 is the caliber of a rifle that all Texans take to bed with them every night.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Oh, and for those who are not Americans, a "Woody" means an erect penis; a hard on; an erection.
Would love to know equivalent expressions in other languages.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

In German, we say "Latte" ("Morgenlatte" is the erection in the morning you wake up) or "Ständer".
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Do other foreign languages speakers like Australians, Canadians, Brits and Kiwis have other names? 5555
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

windwalker wrote:The generic terms sometimes used in the USA are John Thomas and Woody Johnson for the male member. Perhaps not common but well known to me.
However the post by Corner Bar was referring to "Thomas" the ward of the owner, Mr. Michael, and not the male member, or at least not that male member. The 30-06 is the caliber of a rifle that all Texans take to bed with them every night.
Yes, my Thomas, is my ward of 17 years, and yes when I brought a crack {cocaine} crazed young man home, Thomas would remove one of the many high powered weapons from the gun safe and tell the young man that he would be outside the door if anything went wrong with me. We were not as well armed as many other Texans. We only had 50 guns and maintained 10000 rounds of ammunition. We lived in a very rough part of Houston and never had any problems. We were known as "the crazy white boys with guns". Now in Thailand we only have mace, stun guns, and swords. You can get in trouble for having guns here.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:[We only had 50 guns and maintained 10000 rounds of ammunition.
By any chance, did you drive a pickup truck with rebel plates and a shotgun rack in the back . . . ?
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Gaybutton wrote:
TheCornerBar wrote:[We only had 50 guns and maintained 10000 rounds of ammunition.
By any chance, did you drive a pickup truck with rebel plates and a shotgun rack in the back . . . ?
I had a Dodge Ram 3500 super duty deisel duly. Had a ladder on each side to climb into the truck. No gun rack. They made those illegal because the guns and rack become projectiles in a wreck. No rebel plates, thats Alabama. Did have four shotguns, always loaded with double 0 buck shot or rifled slugs. One was sawed off with pistol grips for killing large groups with one shot.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:One was sawed off with pistol grips for killing large groups with one shot.
I hope you didn't have to put too many notches on it . . .